"Ocotillo to Anza-Borrego" Ocotillo by lmkluque
Ocotillo Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 26 photos
Welcome to my Ocotillo page,
San Diego County is a large area consisting of; the ocean coast, valleys, mountians and the desert. All within an hour's drive from one to the other. Ocotillo is a very small town in the desert and is at one end of the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park which you will learn about here.
The desert is an awesome place, and Anza Borrego consists of 600,000 acres. It appears from a distance, to be devoid of life, actually there are more than 600 varieties of plants and abundant species of wildlife, including mountain lions and big-horned sheep.
My sister wanted to check out a "really nice" camp site, at Anza-Borrego, that she had been told about, called Agua Caliente, translated: Hot Water.
The focal point of this camp site happened to be a natural hot spring bubbling from the lower depths of the earth, occurring naturally in this part of San Diego County. She asked me to join her. I agreed, mainly to take pictures for this page. I've been out here several times and would never choose to camp in the desert, but many people come year after year and love it! You decide for yourself.
The temperatures are HOT (110 degrees or higher) in the summer.
There is a visitors' center, open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, except in summer, when it is only open on weekends. At this Center you can see an interesting film about desert plants and animals and get any information you might want to know about the desert.
Phone: 619 767-5311 for more info.
Hope you enjoy your visit to Ocotillo,
- Pros:Warm place during the winter.
- Cons:Too hot in the summer time.
- In a nutshell:Spring time is the best time out here.
The history of Desert View Tower is a testament to the spirit, inspiration and imagination that can come out of such a... more travel advice
Canyon Sin Nombre (Canyon Without Name) No one lives out here to care if there is a canyon or to name it. Exploring... more travel advice
- Drive from Ocotillo is Awesome
- Splendid Isolation
- Brilliant Spring Colors!
- Tension Breaker?
lmkluque's Related Pages
Ocotillo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ocotillo to Anza-Borrego"
- "Ocotillo, Land of Little . . ."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ocotillo
- Hotels in Ocotillo
- Transportation in Ocotillo
- Nightlife in Ocotillo
- Restaurants in Ocotillo
- Warnings and Dangers in Ocotillo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ocotillo
- 12 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
Have you been to Ocotillo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ocotillo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 179 reviews, 593 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 65 reviews, 221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 65 reviews, 163 photos, 1 travelogue
- Imperial Beach Intro, 54 reviews, 171 photos, 4 travelogues
- National City Intro, 46 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 113 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 35 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue