Ocean Beach Warnings Or Dangers Tips by lmkluque
Ocean Beach Warnings and Dangers: 1 reviews and 3 photos
OB Lifeguard Tower @ 1950 Abbott Street
There are lots of dangers at the ocean and many are avoided by using common sense, know how to swim before going out any distance, swim while sober, practice water sports with others, those type of things just make sense.
However, Rip Currents are not easy to recognize until you've been caught in one and they are especially strong in OB. The other day I tried to take a photo that would show a rip current but it was too hard to see on the picture. Anyway, I was on the pier looking down and if I had been in the water I wouldn't have seen it at all.
Lifeguards are on the beach in OB everyday and the best advice I can give is to check in with them before going into the water. They will be very happy to help you make the most of your time at the beach and in the ocean.
Lifeguards are well equipped and ready to save swimmers and surfers AQAP. (As Quickly As Possible.) They are expert watermen and have an excellent success rate.
The rest is up to you. Heed all warnings and signs for a safe and secure visit.
Other Contact: Emergency: 911
Phone: (619) 221-8899
More Reviews (52)
- See All The Community of OB
- See All Antiques / Collectibles
- See All Ocean Beach Weekends!
- You Don't Have To Bring It All
- See All Weekends Are An Event!!
- See All Near OB!
lmkluque's Related Pages
Ocean Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ocean Beach AKA O.B.!!"
- "Ocean Beach - Eclectic Seaside Town"
- "Ocean Beach- San Diego CA"
- "Ocean Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ocean Beach
- Hotels in Ocean Beach
- Transportation in Ocean Beach
- Nightlife in Ocean Beach
- Restaurants in Ocean Beach
- Shopping in Ocean Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Ocean Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ocean Beach
- 53 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Ocean Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ocean Beach
Photos in Ocean BeachSee All Photos (106)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 168 reviews, 536 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 60 reviews, 187 photos, 2 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 54 reviews, 168 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 63 reviews, 155 photos, 1 travelogue
- National City Intro, 46 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 111 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos, 3 travelogues