"Home to the Mile of Cars" National City by lmkluque
National City Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 131 photos
Welcome to my National City page,
I lived in National City for many years. It is a city with little of interest to attract a world traveler, but there are somethings about National City one planning a trip to San Diego might like to know.
Hotels/motels located in the northern end of National City, which borders the City of San Diego, are lower in price than hotel/motels of the same quality located in the City of S.D.
Plaza Bonita is a two level shopping Mall serving the area, located at the southern border, next to the city of Chula Vista. Interesting to note, the stores in Plaza Bonita, such as, Robinson-May, Victoria Secret etc. generally offer their wares at a lower price than the same stores found in shopping malls in northern end of San Diego.
The Mile of Cars is an international shopping mall for automobiles from around the globe and for anyone interested in cars, this is the place to go.
I hope you enjoy you're visit,
The newest and most promising project in National City is developing the area along the bay. It's taking a while, but a noticeable improvement has been made so far. The Pier 32 Marina is almost full of boats and the various projects are visible. More is to come, but it's a great start.
The Marina is a nice place to stay, to park your boat, have a meal, play in Pepper Park, to just walk around or ride a bike along the bayside path. This section has a couple of restaurants, a really nice hotel and the Santa Fe Depot Museum is here as well. All is conveniently within walking distance of the B.W. Marina Gateway Hotel.
This area is out of the path of crowds, but the hotel offers a shuttle to the 24th St. Trolley station for those who like to get around.
To Be Continued....
Plaza Bonita originally requested to build in Chula Vista and was denied. Good news for National City! This turned out to be one of the most popular shopping/entertainment spaces in the South Bay area. While other malls were suffering the economic decline, Plaza Bonita was expanding. It's full of people almost all the time.
The prices of most things here are less than at San Diego shopping malls, even the same objects from the same stores. The stores offer a wide range of style and variety to choose from.
There are a few high-end department stores and boutiques. The AMC 14 multiplex is located at the far south end of the mall, Macy's at the north end. In between there is a huge Food Court, and over 100 shops of all kinds to choose from.
- Pros:Cost of living is lower
- Cons:Standard of beauty is lower. (It is beginning to improve.)
- In a nutshell:Offers the Option to Save and an Exciting Future
The Granger Music Hall was built in 1886 and is a National Historic Landmark. Granger Hall has moved quite a few times... more travel advice
- See All National City Golf Course
- See All Old Long Time Favorite
- See All Paradise Creek Park
- See All Holiday Inn Express
lmkluque's Related Pages
National City Travel Guide
- Things to Do in National City
- Hotels in National City
- Transportation in National City
- Nightlife in National City
- Restaurants in National City
- Shopping in National City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in National City
- 46 Reviews
- 130 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to National City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in National City
Photos in National CitySee All Photos (130)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 176 reviews, 567 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 65 reviews, 163 photos, 1 travelogue
- Imperial Beach Intro, 54 reviews, 171 photos, 4 travelogues
- National City Intro, 46 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 113 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 35 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue