"A Little Southern Califoenia Beach Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Beach by lmkluque

Manhattan Beach Travel Guide: 350 reviews and 759 photos

VirtualTourist.com Weekender

First Annual Manhattan Beach VT Weekender 1-3 August 2003

Welcome to my Manhattan Beach page,

Until the Manhattan Beach VT Weekender, this city was nothing more to me than the name of a beach town in L.A. that I had heard about, but hadn't seen.

While planning the trip up, I wondered why I had never at least driven through this city. When I took the exit off the freeway to get to Manhattan Beach, it became apparent why I hadn't been there before. The location happened to be serveral miles from the freeway through streets clogged with typical L.A. / beach city traffic. (After living in Los Angeles several years I had enough traffic experience to last me a lifetime and I avoid it at all costs.) It didn't help that the way I chose to enter Manhattan Beach was not the most efficient, which caused more dirving time through more clogged streets than necessary.

When I found the perfect parking space as soon as I located the restaurant where the VT Meeting would be held, I pulled right in and parked. Walking is normally difficult for me and usually a slow process, add to that the fact that Manhattan Beach is not on flat land you can imagine that I saw just a small area of the town. This is what I share with you.

I Hope You Enjoy Your Visit,
Linda

VirtualTourist.com Country

The offices of VT are located near and it was a generous gift to us, VT Members, that VT Staff sponsored this Member Weekender the first weekend in August 2003

Hopefully this will be an annual event for VT and if you have the wherewithall to be in the Los Angeles area at the time of the next event, make every effort to take part. You will enjoy meeting VT Staff and VT Members.

The Warmest Of Greetings!

The greetings of each VT Staff Member was warm, friendly and very welcoming, not just to me, but to everyone who arrived.

The top room of Beaches Restaurant was reserved for us and VT Staff filled the room with ballons in white, blue and green--VT's colors. Stephanie made posters full of VT photos and many posters included questions to test our VT knowledge. It was fun trying to answer them.

• Pros:Lovely Beach Town
  • Cons:Too much traffic!
  • In a nutshell:Once there, it's quite a pleasant place to stay!
  • Last visit to Manhattan Beach: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 23, 2013

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2013 at 7:40 AM

California has some of the best beaches and communities. I haven't been here in years. Nice page Linda!

• Oct 28, 2010 at 9:56 AM

I have a better idea, DON'T GO TO MANHATTAN BEACH PERIOD. see my advise below.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2010 at 9:43 AM

So this is where VirtualTourist has its headquarters! It does look like a nice town -- except for all the cars! But I'm glad to see that they at least have a bike lane at the beach.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
      Mar 3, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Me again, coming back to look at all the updates you have been doing to this page. The tips look really good now that you have fixed up the formatting, As you mentioned, VT has moved to El Segundo. From the map, I see that El Segundo is just north of Manhatten Beach and right next to the airport -- I hope they have good soundproofing in their new offices!

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2006 at 10:07 AM

Can't wait to stand on the Pier again!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2005 at 7:10 AM

Thanks for this lovely, friendly, VT and beach page!

• RedEaredPanda's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2004 at 11:47 PM

Great pages on Manhattan Beach.. We've been to the Rock N Fish restaurant by night and it's a happening place.. Lots of great looking people have a ton of fun.. Had the halibut, it was great. Thanks for the tips and the pics.. Rafi

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2004 at 7:12 PM

I really enjoyed this page Linda It brought memories back of the great weekend we had at this great place Manhattan Beach and El Segundo you gave a wonderful oversight of this great place and alse about the VT Bash Thanks Linda.

• Imbi's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2003 at 5:20 PM

you were very active during that VT meeting, plenty of photos.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2003 at 9:59 AM

i'll be back . . . wish i could have been there for this one!

• Goner's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2003 at 8:29 PM

Nice pic from the beach - I'll Be Back ( who does that sound like our next governor?)

lmkluque

“Assume Good Intent”

Badges & Stats in Manhattan Beach

Have you been to Manhattan Beach?