"A Little Southern Califoenia Beach Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Beach by lmkluque
Manhattan Beach Travel Guide: 350 reviews and 759 photos
First Annual Manhattan Beach VT Weekender 1-3 August 2003
Welcome to my Manhattan Beach page,
Until the Manhattan Beach VT Weekender, this city was nothing more to me than the name of a beach town in L.A. that I had heard about, but hadn't seen.
While planning the trip up, I wondered why I had never at least driven through this city. When I took the exit off the freeway to get to Manhattan Beach, it became apparent why I hadn't been there before. The location happened to be serveral miles from the freeway through streets clogged with typical L.A. / beach city traffic. (After living in Los Angeles several years I had enough traffic experience to last me a lifetime and I avoid it at all costs.) It didn't help that the way I chose to enter Manhattan Beach was not the most efficient, which caused more dirving time through more clogged streets than necessary.
When I found the perfect parking space as soon as I located the restaurant where the VT Meeting would be held, I pulled right in and parked. Walking is normally difficult for me and usually a slow process, add to that the fact that Manhattan Beach is not on flat land you can imagine that I saw just a small area of the town. This is what I share with you.
I Hope You Enjoy Your Visit,
The offices of VT are located near and it was a generous gift to us, VT Members, that VT Staff sponsored this Member Weekender the first weekend in August 2003
Hopefully this will be an annual event for VT and if you have the wherewithall to be in the Los Angeles area at the time of the next event, make every effort to take part. You will enjoy meeting VT Staff and VT Members.
The Warmest Of Greetings!
The greetings of each VT Staff Member was warm, friendly and very welcoming, not just to me, but to everyone who arrived.
The top room of Beaches Restaurant was reserved for us and VT Staff filled the room with ballons in white, blue and green--VT's colors. Stephanie made posters full of VT photos and many posters included questions to test our VT knowledge. It was fun trying to answer them.
- Pros:Lovely Beach Town
- Cons:Too much traffic!
- In a nutshell:Once there, it's quite a pleasant place to stay!
It was slow going and difficult for me, but I did walk up these hilly streets to get another view of this section of the... more travel advice
What is worse than finding something you'd love to have only to realize that it is beyond your means? Look at this... more travel advice
- See All Too Close to Los Angeles!
- See All A Traveler's Dream Spot.
- Visit VT Offices & Staff
- Beach Events Celebrated Here!
- Energizing Nightlife!
lmkluque's Related Pages
Manhattan Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Little Southern Califoenia Beach Town"
- "Manhattan Beach is the Beach for Sun Lovers.."
- "Sharrie's Manhattan Beach Man of The Year"
- "2nd Anual VT meeting"
- "Manhattan Beach - Home of Beach Volleyball"
- "It is time for some real fun on Manhattan Beach"
- "Manhattan Beach Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manhattan Beach
- Hotels in Manhattan Beach
- Transportation in Manhattan Beach
- Nightlife in Manhattan Beach
- Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
- Shopping in Manhattan Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Manhattan Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manhattan Beach
- 20 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Manhattan Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manhattan Beach
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- updated a Manhattan Beach Travel Page "A Little Southern Califoenia Beach Town"
- Commented on one of ca-dreaming-not's Manhattan Beach travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "First Annual VT Weekender 2003"
- Wrote a Review Trek Up The Hills in Manhattan Beach Things to Do
Photos in Manhattan BeachSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 164 reviews, 516 photos, 11 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 167 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 53 reviews, 165 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 62 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- National City Intro, 45 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 111 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest Manhattan Beach hotel reviews
- Comfort Inn Manhattan Beach
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Beach (South Bay Area)
- 87 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 20, 2013
- The Belamar Manhattan Beach
- 397 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Manhattan Beach Marriott
- 285 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Sea View Inn at the Beach
- 255 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- 286 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2013
- Seahorse Inn
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Residence Inn Manhattan Beach
- 250 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013