Los Angeles Nightlife Tips by lmkluque
Los Angeles Nightlife: 223 reviews and 156 photos
Back to it's Original Glory!
Originally, in 1927, it opened as Grauman's Chinese Theatre. The owners were Sid Grauman, Mary Picford and Douglas Fairbanks.
In 1973 the name was changed by new owners, to Mann's Chinese Theatre. An unfortunate choice in my opinion!
On Jan 11, 2000, it was announced that the entire Mann's theatre chain, including GRAUMAN'S CHINESE Theatre, has been purchased by a partnership of Warner Bros and Paramount Studios. Thankfully these people have restored the original name! Not only can you watch a film at this theater you can also have a tour.
Grauman's Chinese Theatre has been surrounded by the Kodak Theatre the new permanent location for the Academy Awards, a grand ballroom for such events as the post-Academy Awards parties. Also in this new complex you will find restaruants, nightclubs, even a luxury hotel and most interesting, a total renovation to restore Grauman's Chinese Theatre to it's original glory!
Nightlife in Los Angeles is always exciting. The only problem is that the most popular places keep changing! It's a $$$Fad$$$ kind of thing. Once a place becomes fashionable, everyone wants to go there, 'to mingle with the Beautiful People.'
Of course, the Beautiful People don't want to mingle with Everyone--so, they move on and meet at the next place, which becomes the newest 'Hot Spot' in town,--until Everyone starts to go there too. On and on it goes.
Dress Code: In most of California, the dress code is non-existent, but at the more expensive and popular places the dress code is $$$Fashionably Trendy$$$ if you know what I mean.
At the Hottest Spots, you may not be allowed to enter unless you have the right look.
Address: 6925 Hollywood Boulevard.
Directions: Hollywood Blvd. and Highland
Phone: (213) 464-8111
More Reviews (14)
- See All Only a day or so to spend?
- See All Disneyland is NOT in Los Angeles
- See All Beaches-Closed! The Strand...
- See All Cyber Signatures
- See All A Chance Discovery In A Coupon Book
lmkluque's Related Pages
Los Angeles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Getting at the Heart of L.A."
- ""El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles""
- "Coming to LA, see what all of SoCal has to offer!"
- "Los Angeles"
- "My Hometown: Los Angeles"
- "Gloss Angeles"
- "City of the Angels"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Los Angeles
- Hotels in Los Angeles
- Transportation in Los Angeles
- Nightlife in Los Angeles
- Restaurants in Los Angeles
- Shopping in Los Angeles
- Warnings and Dangers in Los Angeles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Los Angeles
- 15 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 271 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Los Angeles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Los Angeles
- Posted in Travel San Francisco Forum "Re: Suggestions for a day itinerary"
- Commented on one of marinarena's Los Angeles travel pages
- updated a Los Angeles Travel Page "Stepping Out of Cyberspace!!"
- Wrote a Review Only a day or so to spend? about Getty Villa in Los Angeles Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Only a day or so to spend?"
Photos in Los AngelesSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 168 reviews, 536 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos, 2 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 54 reviews, 167 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 62 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- National City Intro, 45 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 111 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (153)
- Universal Studios- 120 Reviews, 181 Photos
- Hollywood Walk of Fame- 60 Reviews, 96 Photos
- Olvera Street- 61 Reviews, 152 Photos
- Disneyland- 59 Reviews, 82 Photos
- Venice Beach- 60 Reviews, 102 Photos
- La Brea Tar Pits - Page Museum- 31 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Getty Museum- 68 Reviews, 114 Photos
- Chinatown- 18 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Hollywood Sign- 34 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Star's Homes- 15 Reviews, 25 Photos
See All Los Angeles Things to Do