Imperial Beach Transportation Tips by lmkluque
Imperial Beach Transportation: 8 reviews and 9 photos
Stopping at the IB Pier
Unless you're a seagull, a car is the best mode of transportation getting to and around IB. If your plan is to stay at the beach during your entire visit, walking around is more convenient.
However, it is possible to get to IB and around IB by bus. There are two buses that service Imperial Beach. The 933 and 934 bus from the Palm Avenue Trolley Station will work also as it runs up and down Palm Avenue and Coronado Avenue (east end)/Imperial Beach Boulevard (west end.) With stops along Seacoast Boulevard. The only exception to this is during the Sandcastle Competitions. Then the bus stop is changed to a couple blocks east and you'll have to walk to the beach area.
Other Contact: http://sdcommute.com/Search.aspx
Unless you have booked into a hotel on Seacoast Boulevard and plan to spend all of your time at the beach, a car is the most convenient mode of transportation. Parking can be dear, but most of the time it's easy enough to find a space for your car. The main concern is that Seacoast Boulevard is not very long and the whole length of it is well patrolled so illegal parking is noticed easily.
The colored curbs have meaning that a driver should know.
Yellow is for unloading only. Stopping for a short period is okay, but no parking.
Red is for Emergency Vehicles only, no stopping or parking at all.
Green is for timed parking. Usually 15 to 30 minutes only.
Plain concrete curbs are free and legal parking spaces with a time limit of 1 or 2 days. There is a couple of paid parking lots but no metered curb parking.
Type: Car/Motor Home
Don't Park Here Without Displaying Your Placard!
Just a note to let you know that if you park in a Disabled Parking Space, without having a California Disabled Placard or Disabled License Plate on your car, you will be fined over $300.00!
I know it is tempting when you come to the beach in the summer and find that everyone has gotten there before you and all the spaces are full, even up the side streets. Just don't do it.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (51)
- See All Opened Now!
- See All Farmers' Market Fridays
- See All An Old Fashion Thing To Do
- See All Volleyball at the Beach
- See All Just Across the Street from the Beach
- See All A Glorified Liquor Store
lmkluque's Related Pages
Imperial Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Not Popular and Not Expensive"
- "The most southern Pacific beach of the USA!"
- "ralphhu's new Imperial Beach Page"
- "AzLisa's new Imperial Beach Page"
- "I.B. - my home for 3 years"
- "1270 Seacoast Drive, Unit 201 (renter beware)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Imperial Beach
- Hotels in Imperial Beach
- Transportation in Imperial Beach
- Nightlife in Imperial Beach
- Restaurants in Imperial Beach
- Shopping in Imperial Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Imperial Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Imperial Beach
- 54 Reviews
- 165 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
Have you been to Imperial Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Imperial Beach
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Salt or Pepper?"
- updated a Imperial Beach Travel Page "Not Popular and Not Expensive"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Brew Pub"
- Commented on one of lmkluque's Imperial Beach travel pages
- Wrote a Review Opened Now! in Imperial Beach Restaurants
- Commented on the Imperial Beach travel guide
Photos in Imperial BeachSee All Photos (165)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 179 reviews, 593 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 65 reviews, 221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 65 reviews, 163 photos, 1 travelogue
- Imperial Beach Intro, 54 reviews, 171 photos, 4 travelogues
- National City Intro, 46 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 113 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 35 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue