"Hillcrest, North of Downtown San Diego" Hillcrest by lmkluque
Hillcrest Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 11 photos
Welcome to my Hillcrest page,
This community, just north of downtown San Diego, is one of the most eclectic. In recent years the residents and business population have worked hard to create a charming working, shopping and living area. Washington Street and University and Fifth Avenues are it's "main" arteries, full of shops, restaurants, book stores, sidewalk cafes and an off beat movie theater.
Hillcrest is identified as San Diego's Gay community and it is true that a large portion of the population is gay. However, it's allure is not limited to any one type of person or even to any one economic status. In time this community may become too rich for the average traveler's budget, but at the moment it is funky, cosmopolitan and civilized.
One of my favorite stops in Hillcrest, besides The Hillcrest Cinema, is Trader Joe's. This is were I buy wines, cheeses, good pate's and items use in gourmet cooking, or for a nice picnic, all at a reasonable price--even better priced than the big chain grocery stores.
I hope you enjoy your visit,
- Pros:An Ecletic Community With Great Promise.
- Cons:Coming Up Too Fast!
- In a nutshell:Go There Before It Becomes Too Rich For The Pocketbook.
Village Hillcrest, the "art-deco" style shopping center, is dressed up for Christmas. Though it can seem a peaceful... more travel advice
Driving through Hillcrest you'll see lots of sushi bars to choose from. What makes this one stand out is the fact that... more travel advice
lmkluque's Related Pages
Hillcrest Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Hillcrest
- Hotels in Hillcrest
- Nightlife in Hillcrest
- Restaurants in Hillcrest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hillcrest
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Hillcrest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hillcrest
Photos in HillcrestSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 153 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 46 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 60 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 54 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 105 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 42 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 27 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 40 reviews, 42 photos