Fort Rosecrans Hotel Tips by lmkluque
Fort Rosecrans Hotels: 2 reviews and 6 photos
I didn't actually stay here, but I did interview the staff and I checked out the room and the area. A fellow VT'er had written me to ask about the Dolphin Inn, so I went out there to see for myself and report back.
This is a fine budget motel and everything looked clean, though the buildings are old and the place during the day and evening was calm. I heard that the back building was not as nice as the main building to stay in so you might consider asking to stay in a room in the main building.
Not only is this motel just down the hill from Fort Rosecrans, it it also across the street from a fishing charter company and a few restaurants.
Unique Qualities: Since this is a buget accommodation there isn't much that one would consider unique about it except the price of a room for the location. This is a high traffic resort area and just a few blocks away on Shelter Island there are some price-y hotels.
One thing that I appreciated was the attitude of the owners and staff. They seem to try a bit harder to add a few perks that others in this price category don't generally offer. Look at the last photo. It is a sign telling guests a few things they offer for free. I also noticed on the counter in the small office a few basic items for sale that some guests might have forgotten to bring with them and could save themselves the effort of finding a near by store.
Address: 2912 Garrison Street, San Diego, Ca. 92106
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Near Shelter Island
Other Contact: 1 866-353-7897
Phone: (619) 224-9791
In Point Loma near Shelter Island
The Vagabond Inn is a standard motel, clean and affordable. The price is the big advantage here. On-line they offer $49.00 and up for a room. A few of the amenities are a continental breakfast, free parking, shuttle service and weekday newspapers. Also, all local phone calls are free.
Children under 18 years old stay free with parents and there is a swimming pool.
Unique Qualities: The area of Scott Street, where the Vagabond Inn is located, happens to be just at the beginning of Shelter Island. Noted to be America's Cup Harbor, Shelter Island is full of hotels, restaurants and anything to do with boating; marinas, sail boat sales, repair shops and supplies, all within walking distance.
Cabrillo National Monument is just up the hill, however, not within walking distance.
Address: 1325 Scott Street
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: In Point Loma just down the hill from Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery at the beginning of Shelter Island.
Other Contact: Reservations: 800-522-1555
Phone: (619) 224-3371
More Reviews (20)
- See All Good Mexican Food!
- Leaving The State Of California!
- An Exclusive Club!
- See All On A Clear Day...!
lmkluque's Related Pages
Fort Rosecrans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In Point Loma, A Community of San Diego, Californi"
- "~~Fort Rosecrans~~"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Rosecrans
- Hotels in Fort Rosecrans
- Nightlife in Fort Rosecrans
- Restaurants in Fort Rosecrans
- Warnings and Dangers in Fort Rosecrans
- See All...
Explore the World
- Premier Inn Watford - North
- Shangri La's Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa - Al Husn
- Valmer Resort
- Hotel Oasis Belorizonte
- Harrison Hotel
- Machaca Hill Rainforest Canopy Lodge
- Blades Hotel
- Thoresby Hall Hotel & Spa
- Ibis Leeds Centre
- Marriott Mystic Hotel And Spa
- Ninh Kieu Hotel
- Tn Jadran Hotel
- Quality Hotel & Suites Central
- Legacy Dunes Resort
Badges & Stats in Fort Rosecrans
- 22 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Fort Rosecrans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Rosecrans
Read real reviews about Fort Rosecrans Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 153 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 46 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 60 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 54 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 105 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 42 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 27 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 40 reviews, 42 photos