Fort Rosecrans Restaurant Tips by lmkluque
Fort Rosecrans Restaurants: 2 reviews and 2 photos
Back Patio with view of the street.
Originally I went to this location of the Living Room Coffehouse; Bistro and European Pastries because the building was one of San Diego's oldest. Frank Jennings built his home in 1886 and from his living room he could see the Bay of San Diego. That was long before Point Loma grew and now the view is obsured unless you go up stairs.
Since 1998 the Living Room has taken posession of the house and turned it into a comfortable and unique place to have coffee or a light meal.
Now, I stop here everytime I go to the Cabrillo N.M. or to Fort Rosecrans Cemetery, either before or after, to take a break. This photo is taken from my point of view as I sit in the back patio having a Café Mocha.
There is a front patio overlooking the street, and both stories of the building are open for dining. I'm told that a few improvements are being made and soon I'll see for myself.
Favorite Dish: Café Mocha is the only thing I've ordered here, but they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner between the hours of 6 a.m. and midnight. However, when I order I will choose the Baked Brie with fruit plate, salad with their special Lemon Chiffon salad dressing--my favorite. Their soups are homemade and delicious. Beautiful, rich and succulent pastries, and an espresso or Café Mocha will complete the meal.
Address: 1018 Rosecrans Street
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Down the hill from Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery turn right (south,) it will be on the right side of the street.
Phone: (619) 222-6852
Price: less than US$10
Miguel's Cocina is about four miles down the hill from Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery, at Shelter Island. It is the second, out of seven locations, of Miguel's Cocina opened originally in Coronado and the food is very good. They have a terrace patio and three cozy dining rooms to choose from. After exploring the Point Loma penninsula and not ready for a full meal, you might try Miguel's for Happy Hour any day in the lounge or on the heated patio between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. The view is of Shelter Island and beautiful during the setting of the sun.
Favorite Dish: Happy Hour offers drinks and appetizer type foods at a reduced price, which can serve as an inexpensive light evening meal.
A full meal that I would recommend is the Carnitas; roasted pork with sides of fresh salsa, raw onions, avocado and cilantro. Your choice of corn or flour tortillas, rice and beans.
I love 1800 shooters, but all call drinks are regular price, I'd suggest a Margarita which will be reduced in price during Happy Hour.
Address: 2912 Shelter Island Drive
Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: (619) 224-2401
More Reviews (20)
- See All Another Budget Option
- Leaving The State Of California!
- An Exclusive Club!
- See All On A Clear Day...!
lmkluque's Related Pages
Fort Rosecrans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In Point Loma, A Community of San Diego, Californi"
- "~~Fort Rosecrans~~"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Rosecrans
- Hotels in Fort Rosecrans
- Nightlife in Fort Rosecrans
- Restaurants in Fort Rosecrans
- Warnings and Dangers in Fort Rosecrans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Rosecrans
- 22 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Fort Rosecrans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Rosecrans
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 168 reviews, 536 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 60 reviews, 187 photos, 2 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 54 reviews, 168 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 63 reviews, 155 photos, 1 travelogue
- National City Intro, 46 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 111 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos, 3 travelogues