"In Point Loma, A Community of San Diego, Californi" Fort Rosecrans by lmkluque
Fort Rosecrans Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 51 photos
Welcome to my Fort Rosecrans page,
Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery is a West Coast version of Arlington National Cemetery. It is located in Point Loma, the community of San Diego City that surrounds the west side of the San Diego bay at the north end and the East side of the Pacific Ocean.
All United States Military property is owned by the U.S. Govenment and subject to Federal laws rather than the State or City laws where the property is located.
Neat rows of headstones can be seen on both sides of Catalina Boulevard and the effect of realizing that so many have died in service to their country can be profound.
The Gates on Catalina Boulevard are closed to private citizens at 5:00 p.m. and a cemetery visit may seem a bit odd, but for those who are interested in history, the military or spectacular views of San Diego City, the bay and the ocean, a visit here can be quite illuminating.
I hope you enjoy your visit,
- Pros:Beautiful Views
- Cons:Sad Purpose
- In a nutshell:Bitter Sweet!
I didn't actually stay here, but I did interview the staff and I checked out the room and the area. A fellow VT'er had... more travel advice
Originally I went to this location of the Living Room Coffehouse; Bistro and European Pastries because the building was... more travel advice
lmkluque's Related Pages
Fort Rosecrans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In Point Loma, A Community of San Diego, Californi"
- "~~Fort Rosecrans~~"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Rosecrans
- Hotels in Fort Rosecrans
- Nightlife in Fort Rosecrans
- Restaurants in Fort Rosecrans
- Warnings and Dangers in Fort Rosecrans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Rosecrans
- 22 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Fort Rosecrans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Rosecrans
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 176 reviews, 567 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 65 reviews, 163 photos, 1 travelogue
- Imperial Beach Intro, 54 reviews, 171 photos, 4 travelogues
- National City Intro, 46 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 113 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 35 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue