"Yoga in Encinitas," Top 5 Page for this destination Encinitas by lmkluque
Encinitas Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 103 photos
Welcome to my Encinitas Page,
Encinitas is a beach town located about 27 miles north of downtown San Diego. It is a nice beach town without being pretentious and one of the most notable sights is a long time landmark seen on the side of the road. Golden Lotus' atop white pillars. There are several of them. They surround the Hermitage of Self-Realization Fellowship.
When Encinitas became a city, it incorporated a few other communities with it. Each has retained its own charm. Old Encinitas is where you'll find Swamis and the 20th century neighborhood theater, La Paloma.
New Encinitas is newer, has a lot of shopping centers and golf courses,
Olivenhain is more rural and located on the east side and here you'll find a venue for horse shows. .
Leucadia is a poorer and an older community of the city. here you'll find the art galleries, funky kind of shops and restaurants like Pannikin,
Cardiff-by-the-Sea is at the south end and along the ocean, the Lux Art Institute, and the San Elijo Campus of Mira Costa College is located here as is the San Elijo State Beach, a favorite camping beach that is booked week in advance even after summer is over..
The last time I came up to Encinitas was to meet "Rixie" a VT member who I hadn't known before. We had a very nice VT Meeting and saw a bit of Encinitas while here.
I Hope you enjoy your visit,
- Pros:Five distinct communities to offer everyone something they'd like.
- Cons:It is much bigger than it looks.
- In a nutshell:Big beach town that seems small, with interesting diversity!
The Coaster is not as obscure as it seems from the photos. The Coaster is a commuter train servicing the Northern part... more travel advice
The Breeze is a big blue bus is part of the North County Transit District, that services the North County of San Diego.... more travel advice
lmkluque's Related Pages
Encinitas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yoga in Encinitas,"
- "Relax. Slow down. You're in Encinitas."
- "Relax in Encinitas"
- "balieyes's new Encinitas Page"
- "Lovely, Laid-Back Encinitas"
- "Along the 101 California"
- "Yubert's Encinitas Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Encinitas
- Hotels in Encinitas
- Transportation in Encinitas
- Nightlife in Encinitas
- Restaurants in Encinitas
- Warnings and Dangers in Encinitas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Encinitas
- 13 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Encinitas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Encinitas
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 168 reviews, 536 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 60 reviews, 187 photos, 2 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 54 reviews, 168 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 63 reviews, 155 photos, 1 travelogue
- National City Intro, 46 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 111 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos, 3 travelogues