"Chula Vista from 1952! The Village" Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista by lmkluque
Chula Vista Travel Guide: 110 reviews and 236 photos
Welcome to my Chula Vista page,
Today Chula Vista is the second largest city in the County of San Diego. More than sixty years ago, it was the largest lemon producing area in the country, now the only place lemon trees can be found is in someone's backyard.
Chula Vista is the second city south of San Diego and located half way between San Diego City and Tijuana, Mexico along the Californian Coast.
The "biggest" attractions in Chula Vista are, the new Coors Ampitheater, now known as the Cricket Wireless Ampitheater, where major named entertainment is offered, an Olympic Training Center, and the new Knott's Soak City USA. a water slide park.
Both have again changed names. Now, Sleep Train Amphitheatre and Aquatica San Diego.
Third Avenue is the main "downtown" street and the hub of the area they call the Village. Shops, restaurants, an old fashion movie house, library, parks, a recreaction center and the weekly Farmer's Market, held on Wednesdays, is located within a few blocks of each other. On Fifth Avenue and H Street, the Chula Vista Shopping Center offers the best shopping in this city.
You may guess that Chula Vista is not a tourist haven, however, it could be a location to choose for lodging while on vacation in San Diego. The main advantage is that most of the hotel/motels are close to the freeways for easy on and off access and many are within a block of the San Diego Trolley stations. These Hotels and motels are priced lower than in they would be in San Diego.
I Hope You Enjoy Your Visit,
Chula Vista has a small, underdeveloped utility marina which offers two restaurants, several park areas for adults and children, a fishing pier, boat ramps, slips for mooring your boat, a nice RV Park and a shore line on the San Diego Bay suitable for wading, swimming or launching jet skis.
This area is also scheduled to become much more developed in the next couple of years.
Chula Vista not only is the second largest city in San Diego County, it also has room to expand and it is expanding! East Lake, though more of a bedroom community does offer a lot in the way of dining experiences and the newest project, Otay Ranch Town Center is a lovely place for shopping, dining and more!
- Pros:Not Very Touristy, But some interesting things to see and do.
- Cons:It's beginning to become noticed.
- In a nutshell:Worth at least a daytrip from San Diego
There are two lakes located at the far east end of Chula Vista, the upper Otay Lakes Reservoir and the lower Otay Lakes... more travel advice
Interestingly enough the focus of this restaurant is the kabob. To Be Continued... To Be Continued... more travel advice
- See All More My Style
- See All Another Days Inn
- See All La Bella Cafe & Games
- See All Halloween in Chula Vista
- See All Nearest Beach to Chula Vista
lmkluque's Related Pages
Chula Vista Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chula Vista from 1952! The Village"
- "Chula Vista"
- "Like a kid in a candy store :-))))"
- "Lunch with Linda in Chula Vista!"
- "Visiting Family"
- "brdwtchr's new Chula Vista Page"
- "Mi Hogar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chula Vista
- Hotels in Chula Vista
- Transportation in Chula Vista
- Nightlife in Chula Vista
- Restaurants in Chula Vista
- Shopping in Chula Vista
- Warnings and Dangers in Chula Vista
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chula Vista
- 55 Reviews
- 170 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Chula Vista?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chula Vista
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- Commented on the Chula Vista Restaurants travel guide
- Uploaded a Photo to "Filippis' Competitor"
- Commented on one of Agraichen's Chula Vista travel pages
- Wrote a Review Upper and Lower Otay Lakes in Chula Vista Sports & Outdoors
- updated a Chula Vista Travelogue "USA Olympic Training Center, Chula Vista"
Photos in Chula VistaSee All Photos (170)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 168 reviews, 536 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos, 2 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 54 reviews, 168 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 63 reviews, 155 photos, 1 travelogue
- National City Intro, 45 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 111 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos, 3 travelogues