"Chula Vista from 1952! The Village" Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista by lmkluque
Chula Vista Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 252 photos
Welcome to my Chula Vista page,
Today Chula Vista is the second largest city in the County of San Diego. More than sixty years ago, it was the largest lemon producing area in the country, now the only place lemon trees can be found is in someone's backyard.
Chula Vista is the second city south of San Diego and located half way between San Diego City and Tijuana, Mexico along the Californian Coast.
The "biggest" attractions in Chula Vista are, the new Coors Ampitheater, now known as the Cricket Wireless Ampitheater, where major named entertainment is offered, an Olympic Training Center, and the new Knott's Soak City USA. a water slide park.
Both have again changed names. Now, Sleep Train Amphitheatre and Aquatica San Diego.
Third Avenue is the main "downtown" street and the hub of the area they call the Village. Shops, restaurants, an old fashion movie house, library, parks, a recreaction center and the weekly Farmer's Market, held on Wednesdays, is located within a few blocks of each other. On Fifth Avenue and H Street, the Chula Vista Shopping Center offers the best shopping in this city.
You may guess that Chula Vista is not a tourist haven, however, it could be a location to choose for lodging while on vacation in San Diego. The main advantage is that most of the hotel/motels are close to the freeways for easy on and off access and many are within a block of the San Diego Trolley stations. These Hotels and motels are priced lower than in they would be in San Diego.
I Hope You Enjoy Your Visit,
Chula Vista has a small, underdeveloped utility marina which offers two restaurants, several park areas for adults and children, a fishing pier, boat ramps, slips for mooring your boat, a nice RV Park and a shore line on the San Diego Bay suitable for wading, swimming or launching jet skis.
This area is also scheduled to become much more developed in the next couple of years.
Chula Vista not only is the second largest city in San Diego County, it also has room to expand and it is expanding! East Lake, though more of a bedroom community does offer a lot in the way of dining experiences and the newest project, Otay Ranch Town Center is a lovely place for shopping, dining and more!
- Pros:Not Very Touristy, But some interesting things to see and do.
- Cons:It's beginning to become noticed.
- In a nutshell:Worth at least a daytrip from San Diego
Honestly I usually come her for an early dinner, but my son's and their families treated me to the Dinner Show and I had... more travel advice
Chula Vista's bus system supplements the San Diego County system and information about the routes can be found on the... more travel advice
- See All An Old Stand-By
- See All Upper and Lower Otay Lakes
- See All Another Days Inn
- See All La Bella Cafe & Games
- See All Halloween in Chula Vista
lmkluque's Related Pages
Chula Vista Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chula Vista from 1952! The Village"
- "Chula Vista"
- "Like a kid in a candy store :-))))"
- "Lunch with Linda in Chula Vista!"
- "Visiting Family"
- "brdwtchr's new Chula Vista Page"
- "Mi Hogar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chula Vista
- Hotels in Chula Vista
- Transportation in Chula Vista
- Nightlife in Chula Vista
- Restaurants in Chula Vista
- Shopping in Chula Vista
- Warnings and Dangers in Chula Vista
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chula Vista
- 60 Reviews
- 184 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Chula Vista?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chula Vista
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Not The Only Way, But It Sure Is Fun"
- Commented on one of lmkluque's Chula Vista tips
- Wrote a Review Original Greek Cuisine! in Chula Vista Nightlife
- Commented on the Chula Vista Restaurants travel guide
- updated a Chula Vista Travelogue "USA Olympic Training Center, Chula Vista"
Photos in Chula VistaSee All Photos (184)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 172 reviews, 561 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 60 reviews, 187 photos, 2 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 54 reviews, 168 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 63 reviews, 155 photos, 1 travelogue
- National City Intro, 46 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 113 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 35 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue