"Chula Vista from 1952! The Village" Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista by lmkluque
Chula Vista Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 215 photos
Welcome to my Chula Vista page,
Today Chula Vista is the second largest city in the County of San Diego. More than sixty years ago, it was the largest lemon producing area in the country, now the only place lemon trees can be found is in someone's backyard.
Chula Vista is the second city south of San Diego and located half way between San Diego City and Tijuana, Mexico along the Californian Coast.
The "biggest" attractions in Chula Vista are, the new Coors Ampitheater, now known as the Cricket Wireless Ampitheater, where major named entertainment is offered, an Olympic Training Center, and the new Knott's Soak City USA. a water slide park.
Both have again changed names. Now, Sleep Train Amphitheatre and Aquatica San Diego.
Third Avenue is the main "downtown" street and the hub of the area they call the Village. Shops, restaurants, an old fashion movie house, library, parks, a recreaction center and the weekly Farmer's Market, held on Wednesdays, is located within a few blocks of each other. On Fifth Avenue and H Street, the Chula Vista Shopping Center offers the best shopping in this city.
You may guess that Chula Vista is not a tourist haven, however, it could be a location to choose for lodging while on vacation in San Diego. The main advantage is that most of the hotel/motels are close to the freeways for easy on and off access and many are within a block of the San Diego Trolley stations. These Hotels and motels are priced lower than in they would be in San Diego.
I Hope You Enjoy Your Visit,
Chula Vista has a small, underdeveloped utility marina which offers two restaurants, several park areas for adults and children, a fishing pier, boat ramps, slips for mooring your boat, a nice RV Park and a shore line on the San Diego Bay suitable for wading, swimming or launching jet skis.
This area is also scheduled to become much more developed in the next couple of years.
Chula Vista not only is the second largest city in San Diego County, it also has room to expand and it is expanding! East Lake, though more of a bedroom community does offer a lot in the way of dining experiences and the newest project, Otay Ranch Town Center is a lovely place for shopping, dining and more!
- Pros:Not Very Touristy, But some interesting things to see and do.
- Cons:It's beginning to become noticed.
- In a nutshell:Worth at least a daytrip from San Diego
Tour the USA Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista for an interesting view of this global event. The Facility was... more travel advice
- See All More My Style
- See All Another Days Inn
- See All La Bella Cafe & Games
- See All Halloween in Chula Vista
- See All Nearest Beach to Chula Vista
lmkluque's Related Pages
Chula Vista Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chula Vista from 1952! The Village"
- "Like a kid in a candy store :-))))"
- "Chula Vista"
- "Lunch with Linda in Chula Vista!"
- "Visiting Family"
- "brdwtchr's new Chula Vista Page"
- "Mi Hogar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chula Vista
- Hotels in Chula Vista
- Transportation in Chula Vista
- Nightlife in Chula Vista
- Restaurants in Chula Vista
- Shopping in Chula Vista
- Warnings and Dangers in Chula Vista
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Chula Vista
- 50 Reviews
- 149 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Chula Vista?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chula Vista
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- Wrote a Review Great for Affordable Prime Rib in Chula Vista Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Jake's, Bob's On The Bay,South Bay Fish & Grill!"
- Commented on one of lmkluque's Chula Vista tips
- updated a Chula Vista Travel Page "Chula Vista from 1952! The Village"
Photos in Chula VistaSee All Photos (149)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 164 reviews, 516 photos, 11 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 167 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 62 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 50 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- National City Intro, 45 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 111 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest Chula Vista hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Express Chula Vista
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Travelodge Inn & Suites
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 23, 2013
- Comfort Inn and Suites Chula Vista
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Good Nite Inn San Diego South Bay
- 144 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Motel 6 San Diego - Chula Vista
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 10, 2013
- San Diego Metro KOA
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Best Western Chula Vista Inn
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- El Primero Boutique Bed & Breakfast Hotel
- 110 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Vagabond Inn Chula Vista
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Hercor Hotel - Urban Boutique
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Chula Vista RV Resort
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 3, 2013