"Chula Vista from 1952! The Village" Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista by lmkluque
Chula Vista Travel Guide: 129 reviews and 287 photos
Welcome to my Chula Vista page,
Today Chula Vista is the second largest city in the County of San Diego. More than sixty years ago, it was the largest lemon producing area in the country, now the only place lemon trees can be found is in someone's backyard.
Chula Vista is the second city south of San Diego and located half way between San Diego City and Tijuana, Mexico along the Californian Coast.
The "biggest" attractions in Chula Vista are, the new Coors Ampitheater, now known as the Cricket Wireless Ampitheater, where major named entertainment is offered, an Olympic Training Center, and the new Knott's Soak City USA. a water slide park.
Both have again changed names. Now, Sleep Train Amphitheatre and Aquatica San Diego.
Third Avenue is the main "downtown" street and the hub of the area they call the Village. Shops, restaurants, an old fashion movie house, library, parks, a recreaction center and the weekly Farmer's Market, held on Wednesdays, is located within a few blocks of each other. On Fifth Avenue and H Street, the Chula Vista Shopping Center offers the best shopping in this city.
You may guess that Chula Vista is not a tourist haven, however, it could be a location to choose for lodging while on vacation in San Diego. The main advantage is that most of the hotel/motels are close to the freeways for easy on and off access and many are within a block of the San Diego Trolley stations. These Hotels and motels are priced lower than in they would be in San Diego.
I Hope You Enjoy Your Visit,
Chula Vista has a small, underdeveloped utility marina which offers two restaurants, several park areas for adults and children, a fishing pier, boat ramps, slips for mooring your boat, a nice RV Park and a shore line on the San Diego Bay suitable for wading, swimming or launching jet skis.
This area is also scheduled to become much more developed in the next couple of years.
Chula Vista not only is the second largest city in San Diego County, it also has room to expand and it is expanding! East Lake, though more of a bedroom community does offer a lot in the way of dining experiences and the newest project, Otay Ranch Town Center is a lovely place for shopping, dining and more!
- Pros:Not Very Touristy, But some interesting things to see and do.
- Cons:It's beginning to become noticed.
- In a nutshell:Worth at least a daytrip from San Diego
Imperial Panda has been on the corner of Third and Oxford for many years now, but I've never tried it out. This... more travel advice
This family style Japanese restaurant is located in two neighborhood shopping centers. The décor is minimal but... more travel advice
- See All Like Shopping on Main Street USA.
- See All Original Greek Cuisine!
- See All Bicycle
- See All Upper and Lower Otay Lakes
- See All Another Days Inn
- See All La Bella Cafe & Games
- See All Halloween in Chula Vista
- See All Nearest Beach to Chula Vista
- My Local Favorite in Chula Vista
- Not Much to Warn You About
- C.V. Won't Trap Any Tourists!
Been to Chula Vista?Share your travels with the world!
lmkluque's Related Pages
Chula Vista Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chula Vista from 1952! The Village"
- "Chula Vista"
- "Like a kid in a candy store :-))))"
- "Lunch with Linda in Chula Vista!"
- "Visiting Family"
- "brdwtchr's new Chula Vista Page"
- "Mi Hogar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chula Vista
- Hotels in Chula Vista
- Transportation in Chula Vista
- Nightlife in Chula Vista
- Restaurants in Chula Vista
- Shopping in Chula Vista
- Warnings and Dangers in Chula Vista
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chula Vista
- 65 Reviews
- 218 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
Have you been to Chula Vista?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chula Vista
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Salt or Pepper?"
- updated a Chula Vista Travel Page "Chula Vista from 1952! The Village"
- Wrote a Review Near Southwestern J.C. in Chula Vista Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Near Southwestern J.C."
- Commented on one of lmkluque's Chula Vista tips
- Commented on the Chula Vista Restaurants travel guide
Photos in Chula VistaSee All Photos (218)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 179 reviews, 593 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 65 reviews, 221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 65 reviews, 163 photos, 1 travelogue
- Imperial Beach Intro, 54 reviews, 171 photos, 4 travelogues
- National City Intro, 46 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 113 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 35 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 100 photos, 1 travelogue