Carlsbad Hotel Tips by lmkluque Top 5 Page for this destination
Carlsbad Hotels: 14,286 reviews and 21 photos
It has never been necessary for me to stay overnight in Carlsbad but while searching for an economic place for VT'ers who want to come to the area, I often see this motel listed in the discount coupon book at a reasonable discount. The price alone is tempting, but later when driving through Carlsbad Village I found the motel--not the best looking facade--located just across the street from the beach!
Unique Qualities: Its location is the best quality and if you are looking for a really inexpensive place to stay near the beach, this is it. Don't forget to take a look at the Coupon Book to see if they are offering an even better deal for this place.
Address: 3136 Carlsbad Blvd, Carlsbad, CA 92008
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: (760) 729-7961
Just Across the Street from the Beach!
A moderately priced motel with all the standard amenities. It's a few steps up from the Surf Motel but not nearly as nice as the Seashore on the Sand. It is located at the southern end of the Village of Carlsbad and within walking distance of most of the downtown area.
Address: 3180 Carlsbad Boulevard
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: (760) 729-1151
Under Stated Advertising
Every year a friend of mine rented a condo for a week, right on the beach, in Carlsbad. The nicely furnished condo had a fully equipped kitchen, a good sized living room and dining room, a bathroom and two bedrooms complete with towels and all linen needed.
During the week friends and family would come up for a day or two to visit--well actually to lay around on the beach and hang out in Carlsbad Village.
A vacation rental may be a consideration for those who travel with friends or relatives, especially great for families with teenagers.
They are open on a year-round basis, with daily, weekly and monthly rental rates available.
Unique Qualities: A suite at Seashore on the Sand beach has a view of the ocean from a private deck or patio and my favorite, weekly maid and linen service. However, the shining amenity is the secure parking, and if you know anything about trying to find a parking space at the beach in Carlsbad, you'll know how valuable this is.
Address: 2805 Ocean Street
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: (760) 434-6679
Price: US$180 and up
This Holiday in is not far from the Carlsbad Flower Field, LEGOLand or a nice big shopping center across the street.
The hotel complex includes the big windmill that can be seen from the nearby freeway. It is a landmark and for many years the home to Pea Soup Andersen's a restaurant serving the best split-pea soup. It seems the restaurant has closed since the hotel took over. What a shame.
Address: 850 Palomar Airport Road
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: (760) 438-7880
More Reviews (25)
- See All Relocated from Old Town SD State...
- See All The Coaster
- See All Carlsbad Village Theatre
- See All Haunted Hotel
lmkluque's Related Pages
Carlsbad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Carlsbad, California--North of San Diego"
- "Village by the Sea"
- "Beautiful Village By the Sea"
- "Birthday get together "A VT Meeting""
- "Carlsbad known as the "Village by the Sea""
- "San Diego North County"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Carlsbad
- Hotels in Carlsbad
- Transportation in Carlsbad
- Nightlife in Carlsbad
- Restaurants in Carlsbad
- Shopping in Carlsbad
- Warnings and Dangers in Carlsbad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Carlsbad
- 29 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Carlsbad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Carlsbad
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- updated a Carlsbad Travel Page "Carlsbad, California--North of San Diego"
- Wrote a Review Relocated from Old Town SD State Historic Park in Carlsbad Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Relocated from Old Town SD State Historic Park"
- Commented on one of Yaqui's Carlsbad travel pages
Photos in CarlsbadSee All Photos (45)
Read real reviews about Carlsbad Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 175 reviews, 562 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 63 reviews, 206 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 64 reviews, 160 photos, 1 travelogue
- Imperial Beach Intro, 54 reviews, 168 photos, 4 travelogues
- National City Intro, 46 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 113 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 35 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue