"Kosice With Family" Kosice by lmkluque
Kosice Travel Guide: 182 reviews and 508 photos
This page tells of a personal trip to the "old country" and is meant to help others searching their "roots" rather than an up-to-date travel page.
Welcome to my Kosice, Czechoslovakia page,
The photo is an over view of Kosice. The town center is charming and the outskirts are full of tall, rectangular buildings refered to as habitations-- which are not much different from the housing projects throughout the U.S.A., so for me, they were rather common.
I arrived in Kosice about eight in the evening and the first shock was the airport. We walked off the plane to the tarmac, which reminded me of a scene from "Casablanca," into the airport "terminal" which was a very small building to my eye. No one spoke English so, I followed the other passengers, hoping they'd lead me to my suitcase. They did.
The second shock I experienced was the baggage claim area. Out the door of the building there was an "L" shaped wall about knee high, with our luggage stacked on top. After a while I found mine and the third shock occured.
I didn't know how I would recognize my relatives picking me up from the airport as I had never seen them before. I hadn't thought of that fact until that very moment.
Kosice is a lovely town in many ways and it was thanks to my father and my "roots" searching that I had this chance to enter a communist country, which indeed Kosice was part of, when I arrived.
I hope you enjoy your visit,
- Pros:A lovely town
- Cons:Not enough time to see it all
- In a nutshell:Don't miss this interesting place!
Of all the places I saw, this Flower Market seemed to be a living tribute to the life and times my grandparents... more travel advice
This TUZEX store was on a side street in the town center. It was closed the day I was there but, I could see from the... more travel advice
lmkluque's Related Pages
Kosice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kosice - Metropolis of Eastern Slovakia"
- "The Significant Kosice"
- "KOSICE - HOME OF BEAUTIFUL ARCHITECTURE & GARDENS"
- "Kosice - the perfect base for any trip in Slovakia"
- "Ben-UK's Kosice page"
- "Kosice With Family"
- "The far end of Slovakia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kosice
- Hotels in Kosice
- Transportation in Kosice
- Nightlife in Kosice
- Restaurants in Kosice
- Shopping in Kosice
- Warnings and Dangers in Kosice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kosice
- 12 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 45 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Kosice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kosice
Photos in KosiceSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 168 reviews, 536 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 56 reviews, 174 photos, 2 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 54 reviews, 168 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 63 reviews, 155 photos, 1 travelogue
- National City Intro, 46 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 111 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos, 3 travelogues