"A Trip of Mutual Comfort" Top 5 Page for this destination South Carolina by lmkluque
South Carolina Travel Guide: 2,823 reviews and 5,834 photos
Welcome to my South Carolina page,
I took a train from Union Station in Washington DC to South Carolina. The sole purpose of this trip was to comfort my recently married, Belgian daughter-in-law and to be comforted.
My oldest son, her husband, was in the U.S. Air Force and had been sent to Saudi Arabia in support of Desert Shield in August of that year.
Instead of going home to Belgium or coming to us in San Diego, my daughter-in-law chose to keep the "home fires burning," in this foreign--to her--country while waiting for her husband to return safely.
It was a frightful time for us, as for everyone involved. His tour of duty lasted until the end of the war and he did come home safely, to our great relief.
It was interesting to see one of the "Southern States" with beautiful old plantation mansions and a style of living quite different from the style in California.
I Hope you enjoy your visit,
- Pros:A different style of living.
- Cons:Far from home.
- In a nutshell:A great place to visit!
1093 AD is the time, you are one of a thousand guests of the royal family, at a royal tournament. Feast on a hearty four... more travel advice
Murrell is a family name and I spent some time here researching. I wanted to find if there was any connection to my... more travel advice
lmkluque's Related Pages
South Carolina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to South Carolina"
- "South Carolina- Home sweet home"
- "A Trip of Mutual Comfort"
- "There's a Lot to Do in S.C."
- "mainly the ocean..."
- "South Carolina surrounds Summerville"
- "South Carolina"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South Carolina
- Hotels in South Carolina
- Transportation in South Carolina
- Nightlife in South Carolina
- Restaurants in South Carolina
- Shopping in South Carolina
- Warnings and Dangers in South Carolina
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in South Carolina
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to South Carolina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Carolina
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- updated a South Carolina Travel Page "A Trip of Mutual Comfort"
- Wrote a Review Dinner Theater For The Whole Family! in South Carolina Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "U.S. Air Force Base, Myrtle Beach, S.C."
- Commented on one of richiecdisc's South Carolina travel pages
Photos in South CarolinaSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 164 reviews, 516 photos, 11 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 167 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 53 reviews, 165 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 62 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- National City Intro, 45 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 111 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (146)
Top South Carolina hotels
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 320 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Hilton Head Island Hotels
- 219 Reviews - 405 Photos
- Charleston Hotels
- 788 Reviews - 1726 Photos
- North Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 42 Reviews - 149 Photos
- Greenville Hotels
- 83 Reviews - 108 Photos
- Columbia Hotels
- 212 Reviews - 272 Photos
- Isle of Palms Hotels
- 30 Reviews - 61 Photos
- Aiken Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 29 Photos
- Orangeburg Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 49 Photos
- Sumter Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 31 Photos
- Pawleys Island Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 69 Photos
- Santee Hotels
- 4 Reviews
- Edisto Beach Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 14 Photos
- Kiawah Island Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 6 Photos
- Yemassee Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 8 Photos