"Remembrance of Our Civil War" Maryland by lmkluque
Maryland Travel Guide: 3,436 reviews and 9,696 photos
Welcome to my Maryland page,
Maryland is one of the original Thirteen Colonies. It played an important part during the Revolutionary War (1775-1783) and during the U.S. Civil War fought between the years of 1861 and 1865.
Sharpsburg is near Washington D.C., and can be an interesting day trip, while visiting the D.C. area. (Especially for those of you who are interested in the history of the U.S.A. or those who are War History Buffs.)
A tour of the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis should not be missed.
At the end of the street pictured here, you can see the Maryland State House
Located at: 100 State Circle,
This is the oldest State Capitol in continuous legislative use in the USA and the only one that has housed Congress.
Construction began in 1772, and because of the outbreak of the American Revolution, completion was delayed until1779.
The Maryland State House was the first peacetime capitol of the United States. Continental Congress met here between November 26, 1783, to August 13, 1784. It was the only State House ever to have served as our nation's capitol. It was here that the Treaty of Paris, the official ending of the Revolutionary War, was ratified.
I hope you enjoy your visit,
- Pros:An Historic Town.
- Cons:Not enough time.
- In a nutshell:Worth taking more time to explore.
1093 AD is the time, you are one of a thousand guests of the royal family, at a royal tournament. Feast on a hearty four... more travel advice
This sketch depicts the battle at Antietam, also called the Battle of Sharpsburg, where Union (North/Lincoln's side)... more travel advice
lmkluque's Related Pages
Maryland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "b1bob's cumulative Maryland adventures"
- "From the Ocean to the Bay to the Mountains"
- "Welcome to Maryland"
- "MARYLAND, NORTH - SOUTH GATEWAY"
- "Welcome to MARYLAND"
- "Remembrance of Our Civil War"
- "frankcanfly's Maryland Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maryland
- Hotels in Maryland
- Transportation in Maryland
- Nightlife in Maryland
- Restaurants in Maryland
- Shopping in Maryland
- Warnings and Dangers in Maryland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maryland
- 18 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Maryland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maryland
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 153 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 46 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 60 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 54 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 105 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 42 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 27 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 40 reviews, 42 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (125)
Top Maryland hotels
- Ocean City Hotels
- 149 Reviews - 196 Photos
- Baltimore Hotels
- 1184 Reviews - 3354 Photos
- Rockville Hotels
- 41 Reviews - 46 Photos
- Saint Michaels Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 115 Photos
- Bethesda Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 38 Photos
- Calvert Cliffs State Park Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Laurel Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 11 Photos
- Annapolis Hotels
- 223 Reviews - 537 Photos
- Linthicum Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 41 Photos
- Largo Hotels
- 1 Review - 5 Photos
- Towson Hotels
- 43 Reviews - 114 Photos
- Silver Spring Hotels
- 29 Reviews - 33 Photos
- Hunt Valley Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 27 Photos
- Takoma Park Hotels
- 4 Reviews
- Oxon Hill Hotels
- 9 Hotels