"California, Here I Come...." California by lmkluque
California Travel Guide: 45,968 reviews and 109,478 photos
Welcome to my California page,
As far back in history as we are able to go at this time, it seems that the bit of land we now call California has been as much a magnet for population diversity as it is today.
A third of the Native American population living within the present day boundries of the USA, lived in the area we know as Caifornia. Of this third, over seventy linguistic strains and cultural traditions were represented.
Today, one out of every four Californians were born outside of the USA. California is the first state in population, there are about thrity-five million people living in the third largest of all states in the USA. The distance between the northwest corner of California and the southeast corner is 825 miles. There are 1,264 miles of beaches and harbors within the state, Mount Whitney is the highest point at 14,495 feet and Death Valley is the lowest point, 282 feet below sea level, both are located only fifty miles from each other, however in other parts of the state it is possible to visit the beach, mountains and desert in one day. California weather can be freezing, incredibly hot, 110 degrees or more, or perfect, about 75 degrees on the same day, depending on the area at the time.
All these facts are to give an idea why this state attracts such a diverse population and to help any traveler develop a feasible vacation plan in the time allotted.
I hope you enjoy your visit,
It will take some time to decide what information and which photos would best represent to a future traveler what this state of diversity has to offer.
California is one of the richest, wackiest, most beautiful and most traveled states in the U.S.A. Of course, just like any other place in the world, California has it's ugly side, not so beautiful aspects and problems.
However, it is not the negative aspect of a vacation destination that most visitors usually want to explore while on a "get-away" from the everyday stress of life at home. With that in mind, the effort made on this page will be to offer the beautiful, interesting and carefree aspects of the "Golden State."
The southern end of the state is the focus of this page. Along with specific suggestions, I offer general tips that apply to the whole state, if possible, but the main thing to keep in mind as you read my page is that these comments are simply from my perspective, nothing more authoritative than that.
Most of the web addresses I offer are to pages I have built on that particular area of California giving more information for your consideration.
- Pros:California is a state of diversity, in its citizens and in it's geography.
- Cons:California is frequently seen in only one of it's many aspects.
- In a nutshell:There is something interesting for everyone in California!
California is home to more than 350 mountain ranges that are scattered throughout the state. The highest peak is Mt.... more travel advice
What Californians mean when they say, "the beach" is the sandy section between the Pacific Ocean and the coastline. The... more travel advice
lmkluque's Related Pages
California Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CALIFORNIA ~ It's not about the glam, but nature!"
- "California - What More Do I Need To Say?"
- "Always on My Mind....California"
- "Our awesome trip to California summer of 2004"
- "The Regions of California"
- "GOLDEN STATE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in California
- Hotels in California
- Transportation in California
- Nightlife in California
- Restaurants in California
- Shopping in California
- Warnings and Dangers in California
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in California
- 1,048 Reviews
- 2,386 Photos
- 1,398 Forum posts
- 43 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to California?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in California
Photos in CaliforniaSee All Photos (2386)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 164 reviews, 516 photos, 11 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 167 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 62 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 51 reviews, 148 photos, 2 travelogues
- National City Intro, 45 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 111 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (146)
Top California hotels
- San Francisco Hotels
- 9106 Reviews - 19355 Photos
- Los Angeles Hotels
- 4385 Reviews - 8826 Photos
- San Diego Hotels
- 3189 Reviews - 7242 Photos
- Anaheim Hotels
- 711 Reviews - 1958 Photos
- Palm Springs Hotels
- 349 Reviews - 766 Photos
- Santa Barbara Hotels
- 646 Reviews - 1200 Photos
- Monterey Hotels
- 917 Reviews - 2734 Photos
- Santa Monica Hotels
- 457 Reviews - 1054 Photos
- Hollywood Hotels
- 448 Reviews - 1294 Photos
- Marina del Rey Hotels
- 85 Reviews - 163 Photos
- Manhattan Beach Hotels
- 350 Reviews - 759 Photos
- Mammoth Lakes Hotels
- 252 Reviews - 499 Photos
- South Lake Tahoe Hotels
- 359 Reviews - 776 Photos
- Solvang Hotels
- 268 Reviews - 678 Photos
- Cambria Hotels
- 77 Reviews - 202 Photos