"Krogen a Powerful Fortress" Top 5 Page for this destination Kronborg by lmkluque

Kronborg Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 162 photos

The Shakespeare Connection

Welcome to my Kronborg page,

Though Krongborg is also a city, I didn't see anything other than the castle while here so my whole focus is my reaction to my first view of a fantastic renaissance structure and the oldest building I've ever seen.

The visit to Konborg Slot was the gift of one of my Danish students. He drove me from Kopenhaven, along the eastern coast of Danmark's Zeeland to Helsingor and this famous castle. Once called, "Fortress Krogen," the renaissance castle in Helsingor, Danmark, was a treat to explore. Kronborg Castle has become a national and historical monument of the Danish people.

Kronberg is situated on the extreme tip of Zeeland, at the seaward approach to the Sound, which at this location is only four kilometers wide, making this a strategic military base.

Kings of Danmark, throughout history have had a hand in creating Kronborg Slot as it is seen today. Even Shakespeare used Kronborg Slot as the model for Hamlet's castle and the play is well connected to the castle's history.

Cross over the first moat and explore the antiquity of a Danish fortress. I did and it was a wonderful discovery.

I hope you enjoy your visit,
Linda

• Pros:Great step into History
  • Cons:Not Enough Time
  • In a nutshell:I'd like to go back and take more time exploring the town.
  • Last visit to Kronborg: Nov 1989
  • Intro Updated Sep 15, 2012

lmkluque

“Assume Good Intent”

Badges & Stats in Kronborg

Have you been to Kronborg?

Latest Activity in Kronborg