Paris Nightlife Tips by lmkluque
Paris Nightlife: 677 reviews and 717 photos
An exciting night spot on the famous Boulevard.
Actually, we had intended to have drinks in the nightclub at the top of Tour Montparnasse--to enjoy the view--alas, it was closed for a private party. We did stop some floors below and had a marvelous view of the city before searching out another place to have our party.
Cafe Montparnasse was tri-level, had narrow stairs and a lively young clientele.
The night my friends and I spent the evening there, we had the clumsiest waiter you could imagine. He was a comical guy. His awkward moves, rather than being a problem, made the evening hilarious! (We laughed WITH him, not at him.)
Dress Code: Stylishly casual. Always dress your best in Paris!
Address: 8, place du 18 juin 1940
Directions: Located near the Tour Montparnasse.
Theme: Eating and Drinking
There is an active nightlife existing throughout Paris, and for those who are looking for places without many tourists, try these two areas, near restaurants I’ve mentioned.
Arrondissement 2, near rue Tiquetonne and Arrondissement 4, near rue Sainte Croix de la Bretonnerie.
A walk around the streets, which are flooded with young adults milling about in the evenings, will lead to interesting places where many Parisians are having a good time.
Both arrondissements are just a few blocks across the bridge from the Sorbonne and might account for the dynamic and youthful atmosphere.
Dress Code: Stylish and Trendy
Directions: Arrondissement 2, near rue Tiquetonne and Arrondissement 4, near rue Sainte Croix de la Bretonnerie.
The (real) Lido de Paris!!!
I saw the show, "Lido de Paris" in Las Vegas a couple of times. So, when my friend's father, a concierge at a grand Parisian Hotel, arranged, for us, dinner show seats at the Lido de Paris I was thrilled to have the chance to see the original.
The venue was smaller than in Vegas, the show was equal, the food and service was superior.
The effects of a present day show is more spectacular than it would have been in the 1920's, still it felt like stepping back in time.
Dress Code: Almost everywhere in Paris, the dress code is stylishly casual, atthe minimum. Going to the Lido, you'd want to be more formal than casual. The Key: Dress your best.
Address: 116 Bis Avenue Des Champs-Elysees
Directions: Paris 75008
Thank God for professional photographers!!
This seems not to be in the tourist guides. It was a fun place to go. We had dinner, good food and good wine in a dining room reminiscent of those found in New York City during the 1930s.
Entertainment for the evening was a dinner show of Fifties music and a comedian who even told some of the jokes in English! I paid $200.00 for 4 of us, including the dinner show. Considering that it was $100.00 per person at the time at the Lido de Paris, I'd say that this was a bargin.
Dress Code: From evening dress to stylishly informal. No jeans or tennis shoes and if you are dining with French friends, NO CAMERA!
Thankfully, there was a roaming photographer to do the honors for us.
Address: 32-34 rue Marbeuf, 75008 Paris
Directions: Between Avenue George V and Avenue Des Champs Elysees
More Reviews (32)
- See All A Great Place to Meet for a...
- Pack The Best You Have!
- See All Evening Events!
- The Wrong Place?
- See All La Voliere
lmkluque's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Explore the World
- Punta Gorda Isles Hotels
- Tiburon Hotels
- Cloghan Hotels
- State of Himachal Pradesh
- Provincia de Puerto Plata Hotels
- Ward of Tobago
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 36 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 91 Forum posts
- 76 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- Commented on one of lmkluque's Paris tips
- Wrote a Review A Great Place to Meet for a Drink/Dinner/Dancing? in Paris Restaurants
- updated a Paris Travel Page "PARIS--A Personal Love Affair!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Great Place to Meet for a Drink/Dinner/Dancing?"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 153 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 46 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 60 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 54 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 105 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 42 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 27 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 40 reviews, 42 photos
Latest Paris hotel reviews
- Kyriad Porte de Clichy Hotel
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Grande Arche Residence Courbevoie
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 29, 2012
- La Vie en Rose
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Hotel Amelie
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Centre International de Sejour Maurice Ravel
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 5, 2013
- Hotel Turenne Le Marais Paris
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Hotel du Levant
- 146 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Hotel Flor Rivoli
- 80 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Hotel du Danemark Paris
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 18, 2013
- Hotel Mederic
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 1, 2012
- Exclusive Hotel Moliere Louvre
- 101 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Hotel Luxembourg Parc
- 589 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- One by The Five
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Hotel Bastille De Launay
- 110 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Grand Hotel Dore
- 233 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Eiffel Tower- 806 Reviews, 1395 Photos
- Montmartre - Sacré Coeur- 573 Reviews, 1003 Photos
- Notre Dame de Paris- 629 Reviews, 1258 Photos
- Louvre- 768 Reviews, 1483 Photos
- Arc de Triomphe- 431 Reviews, 738 Photos
- Musée d'Orsay- 266 Reviews, 527 Photos
- Latin Quarter- 81 Reviews, 231 Photos
- Champs Elysées- 173 Reviews, 280 Photos
- Sainte-Chapelle- 142 Reviews, 338 Photos
- Place de la Concorde- 159 Reviews, 293 Photos
See All Paris Things to Do