Paris Favorite Tips by lmkluque
Paris Favorites: 1,823 reviews and 2,143 photos
A day in Paris begins here!
Fondest memory: One of my fondest memories has to be waking up to a typical French breakfast. Delicious breads, Pain Chocolat, my favorite. Delectable cheeses, Camenbert, Brie, Raclettes for a start. Juice and strong black coffee. Not too much conversation at first.
Though we have to leave soon, the mood is relaxed and graceful. No rushing around, no stressful sighing. It was as if we had all the time in the world. Maybe that is why we always had to walk so fast. I don't know but it was a wonderful way to start the day.
In search of fresh bread
Favorite thing: Climb any of the highest points of Paris at night and discover 'The City Of Lights!'
Of course the phrase, "City of Lights," refers to the "Intellectual Light" oozing from this inspiring city, but a night view of Paris from Sacre Coure, Tour Montparnasse or any other elevated spot will enhance the meaning of, 'The City Of Lights' when the spectacular panorama that is Paris comes into view.
The streets are narrow and short, by American standards, the cars are small, and people drive as if training for Le Mans.
In fact, on my first visit, the habits of city drivers were so unnerving that I kept looking at the sides of cars to find evidence of misjudgement, there was very little.
Fondest memory: The smell of freshly baked bread. The breeze rushing past my face while walking purposefully down the steps of LE METRO, to catch the train.
A city teeming with marvelous buildings that have style and a method of design that brings to mind great moments of history.
The liting sounds of French speakers surrounding me like a dream. My fondest memory was to realize that it wasn't a dream, it was really Paris.
Attempting to choose the best memory of Paris is an overwhelming task, which must begin and end with FRIENDS.
All my fondest memories of Paris include spending time with my generous, thoughtful and gracious friends. It was quite exciting to tag along as they moved from one narrow, charming street to another, at a steady clip, stopping occasionally at a bakery, a cheese shop, a fruit stand, a meat shop and finally, settling in a gorgeous spot to savor the meal just gathered and catch up on events that had occurred since our last meeting.
More Reviews (34)
- See All A Great Place to Meet for a...
- Pack The Best You Have!
- See All Evening Events!
- The Wrong Place?
- See All La Voliere
lmkluque's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Explore the World
- Cherry Point Landing Hotels
- Treasure Beach Hotels
- Dhunche Hotels
- Pangandaran Hotels
- Greater Manchester
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 36 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 91 Forum posts
- 76 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- Commented on one of lmkluque's Paris tips
- Wrote a Review A Great Place to Meet for a Drink/Dinner/Dancing? in Paris Restaurants
- updated a Paris Travel Page "PARIS--A Personal Love Affair!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Great Place to Meet for a Drink/Dinner/Dancing?"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 153 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 47 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 60 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 54 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 105 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 42 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 27 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 40 reviews, 42 photos
Latest Paris hotel reviews
- 161 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Hotel Daval
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Agora Saint Germain
- 453 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Fertel Maillot
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Porte De Versailles Hotel
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 8, 2013
- Citadines Paris Le Louvre
- 107 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Tryp de Saxe
- 101 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- 179 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Blanche Hotel Paris
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 23, 2012
- Hotel des Mines
- 165 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 4, 2013
- Hotel Amarys Simart Paris
- 85 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 2, 2013
- Le Bouquet de Montmartre
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 22, 2008
- Avia Montparnasse Hotel Paris
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Residence Alma Mesnil
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Eiffel Tower- 806 Reviews, 1395 Photos
- Montmartre - Sacré Coeur- 573 Reviews, 1003 Photos
- Louvre- 768 Reviews, 1483 Photos
- Notre Dame de Paris- 629 Reviews, 1258 Photos
- Arc de Triomphe- 431 Reviews, 738 Photos
- Musée d'Orsay- 266 Reviews, 527 Photos
- Latin Quarter- 81 Reviews, 231 Photos
- Champs Elysées- 173 Reviews, 280 Photos
- Sainte-Chapelle- 142 Reviews, 338 Photos
- Place de la Concorde- 159 Reviews, 293 Photos
See All Paris Things to Do