"PARIS--A Personal Love Affair!" Paris by lmkluque
Paris Travel Guide: 22,149 reviews and 53,809 photos
Welcome to my Paris page,
If you have experienced the majesty of Paris already, there is nothing more I can tell you.
However, if you are contemplating your first trip, I can tell you plenty--but not enough to prepare you for the awesome, personal experience that is Paris!! Each of us who love Paris may have very different reasons for doing so and it is no mystery why that is. In Paris you will find something to attract every personality type!
History, romance and style, can be found throughout the city of Paris. Avoid being overwhelmed, have a plan of what to do and see before you arrive.
The City is divided into 20 districts, "Arrondissements," beginning at the center and circling out in the shape of a snail. It is easy to compartmentalize your sight seeing by working your way through each district. The Metro system is efficient and the easiest way to get around the city. Walking around will bring you up close and personal with the offerings of this generous city.
I hope you enjoy your visit,
A ride down the Siene is a wonderful way to see some of the most famous sites of Paris.
I expected to see the Tour Eiffel, Notre Dame and the beautiful bridges crossing the River. What I did not expect to see was the Statue of Liberty looming before me!
Every visit to Paris offered such delightful surprises. Some spectacular and some subtle, but all served to enrich my experience of this extraordinary city. You may not be impressed with the same type of things that impress me, but I am confident that you will be impressed with the offerings of Paris.
I had several offers for a glimpse of "behind-the-scenes" areas and enjoyed a view of Paris not on the tourist route. If the opportunity presents itself to you, jump at the chance, you won't be disappointed.
Did you know that in the middle of those massive blocks of architecturally distinctive buildings, an outdoor garden or sometimes two are crafted? This balcony surrounds the inside square of the building and the views are priceless.
- Pros:Paris Exists
- Cons:I live too far from Paris
- In a nutshell:Paris Offers Too Much To Tell About!!
After all these years I've finally found the name of this restaurant, Chào Bà Café. It is actually more than a cafe. It... more travel advice
Some of the best entertainment can be found in the less beautiful areas. Behind Sacre Coeur is the famous Montmartre,... more travel advice
- The Wrong Place?
- See All La Voliere
- See All Compagnie des Bateaux Mouches
- See All This is not a Dream. It is Paris!!
lmkluque's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 36 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 91 Forum posts
- 76 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- Commented on one of lmkluque's Paris tips
- Wrote a Review A Great Place to Meet for a Drink/Dinner/Dancing? in Paris Restaurants
- updated a Paris Travel Page "PARIS--A Personal Love Affair!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Great Place to Meet for a Drink/Dinner/Dancing?"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 153 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 46 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 60 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 54 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 105 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 42 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 27 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 40 reviews, 42 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (125)
Latest Paris hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn PARIS-BIBLIOTHEQUE DE FRANCE
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 1, 2013
- Les Jardins De Paris Montparnasse
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Armstrong Paris Hotel
- 329 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Arc de Triomphe Paris Hilton
- 134 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Novotel Paris Les Halles
- 634 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- HOTEL DE BORDEAUX
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Hotel Doree
- 157 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Ibis Bastille Opera
- 152 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Saint James & Albany Hotel-Spa Paris
- 458 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Grand Hotel Nouvel Opera
- 122 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- Hotel Saint Paul Le Marais Paris
- 100 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Hotel du Rond-Point des Champs-Elysees
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2013
- Royal Hotel Paris Champs Elysees
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013