"In and Around Tours" Tours by lmkluque
Tours Travel Guide: 198 reviews and 613 photos
Welcome to my Tours page,
A freind lives in Tours and naturally, I came to visit for a few days.
He picked me up from the train station and took me to meet his parents--no, not that kind of meeting--I was a married woman and he was just a friend. So, we went to Noyant--his hometown--to meet his parents, to see their home, his old stomping ground and of course, the French countryside.
On the way we stopped at Saumur and visited the castle. By the time we arrived at his parents it was about 9 pm. He wanted to take me to a place to have savory crepes but, his favorite restaurant was closed as were several other places.
Finally, we discovered one little cafe open and two of his friends joined us to eat. The crowded dining room was warm and cozy, but my friend assured me that the crepes were TERRIBLE! Since this was my first encounter with a savory crepe I enjoyed it, ham, mushrooms, tomato and cheese, it was delicious! I can only imagine how delectable a crepe he approved of would be.
We spent the next two days exploring his town and driving around Noyant seeing the old chruches, castles and the beautiful countryside.
We then went back to Tours to explore his "new" home town.
My friend is a funny kind of guy and very little in his life was normal, making the whole visit amazing.
Part of Tours is just like any city with unremarkable streets and big square buildings lacking in charm. However, the older section was ancient and fantastic to see.
He had just lost his flat--because the landlord wanted to sell the building which was located in this beautiful, charming old section--and though the inside of the building was partially torn down my friend took me up to his first floor flat---a dangerous climb--to see the view of the square below his window.
The scene below was worth the peril . The view was exactly what one might expect to see in a French town square.
I Hope You Enjoy Your Visit,
- Pros:The Old Town Square Still Exists
- Cons:The Modern Section Isn't Beautiful
- In a nutshell:Wander through the older part of town and enjoy!
Visit Noyant if you want to experience small town living. I think it was considered a market town and though it was... more travel advice
Visiting my friend's family home in Noyant where he grew up was a interesting experience. They lived in small town,... more travel advice
lmkluque's Related Pages
Tours Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TOURING TOURS"
- "Moscow - Tours"
- "Sharrie's Tours Light"
- "Pierre_Rouss's Tours and Loire region Page"
- "Rachel Suns Tour of France Page"
- "What a wonderful city!"
- "In and Around Tours"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tours
- Hotels in Tours
- Transportation in Tours
- Nightlife in Tours
- Restaurants in Tours
- Shopping in Tours
- Warnings and Dangers in Tours
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tours
- 7 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Tours?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tours
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 168 reviews, 536 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos, 2 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 54 reviews, 167 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 62 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- National City Intro, 45 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 111 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos, 3 travelogues