"Retracing the Silk Road..." Uzbekistan by drolkar
Uzbekistan Travel Guide: 1,698 reviews and 4,563 photos
...under the aegis of USAID ! <font color=blue><b>Tashkent</font></b> was one of the places where interpreting work took me following the demise of the former Soviet Union. In this case the event was a seminar on the GATT Agreement, the WTO, letters of credit and other "exciting" financial topics.
On our non-working days, however, I enjoyed exploring the land of the ancient Silk Road and admiring its beautiful Islamic architecture, most of which may be found outside of the capital city. In spite of its "exotic" historical allure,<font color=blue><b>Tashkent</font></b> is much more a Soviet city than an Asian one.
At least, it was when I was there ! I will need to go back in order to appreciate how things have evolved...
drolkar's Related Pages
Uzbekistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Uzbekistan - the crossroads of time"
- "Uzbekistan-The Silk Road Wonder"
- "Uzbekistan, young country, old history."
- "On the ancient Silk Road"
- "Uzbekistan, many good memories"
- "Uzbekistan – visit, smell, touch, look and marvel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uzbekistan
- Hotels in Uzbekistan
- Transportation in Uzbekistan
- Nightlife in Uzbekistan
- Restaurants in Uzbekistan
- Shopping in Uzbekistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Uzbekistan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Uzbekistan
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Uzbekistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uzbekistan
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 31 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madagascar Intro, 28 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 20 reviews, 24 photos, 4 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 22 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Berlin Intro, 20 reviews, 13 photos
- Quebec Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos