"Please Sign Our Petition !" drolkar's Profile
The inhabitants of Buduburam Refugee Camp in Ghana urgently need our support: please consider signing the petition that is currently available on our homepage at www.whitetara.org
Queries and comments are more than welcome !
I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: -Two vast and trunkles legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,
Half sunk, a shatter'd visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamp'd on these lifeless things,
The hand that mock'd them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains: round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
(Ozymandias by P.B. Shelley - 1818)
APRIL 2006: a second emotional visit to an obstetric fistula rehabilitation center in Dambatta, Nigeria...
I was especially happy to meet Mariam again - one of the ladies we interviewed last year. Many of you have seen and commented on the portrait of her that I kept on my VT homepage for quite a while.
Work took me to ATHENS in MARCH 2006 - hopefully not for the last time. VT members Galatea, Janetanne and Aggeliki were wonderful guides and hosts !
JUNE 2005: an amazing second trip to Afghanistan. This is truly a place that has captured my soul...
With my cousin on the waterfront in Seattle. HAPPY TRAVELS to all !!
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 562 Reviews
- 560 Photos
- 39 Countries
- 51 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- drolkar and angelalu are now friends.
- Commented on janetanne's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Please Sign Our Petition !"
updated their Profile Page "Please Sign Our Petition !"
- Posted in Travel Africa Forum "Travel from northern Nigeria into..."
- updated a Madagascar Travelogue "Children in Fenerive"
- Wrote a Review SEA ESCAPE cruises are an... about The Cruise Ship Terminal in Fort Lauderdale Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 31 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madagascar Intro, 28 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 20 reviews, 24 photos, 4 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 22 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Berlin Intro, 20 reviews, 13 photos
- Quebec Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22156 Reviews - 53823 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30944 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23057 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17030 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19428 Photos