Yellowstone National Park Favorite Tips by annk
Yellowstone National Park Favorites: 90 reviews and 130 photos
White Pelican - Pelecanus erthrorhynchos
Favorite thing: With a wing-span of up to 6 ft. I never expected to see Pelicans so far inland. They nest in the park and are quite common in Hayden Valley and Yellowstone Lake.
Other birds you may observe around water are Canada's Geese, Mallards and Trumpeter Swans.
Favorite thing: There is so much to "take in" at Yellowstone much of it on a grandiose scale - the geysers, bison, lakes and grand canyon. Do take the time to observe the "little" things...you'll be surprised at what you'll find. An array of living creatures that create some of the most outstanding colors in the park. Hard to believe that living creatures can withstand such hot temps, water too hot for us to touch. But these creatures or "thermophiles" are adapted to hot envirnoments and thrive in hot springs, volcanoes, deserts and even power plants and hot water heaters.
Old Faithful Post Office
Favorite thing: The Old Faithful geyser area has its own post office. It's located next to the Snowlodge, and behind the Old Faithful Lodge. Very convenient for sending postcards to fellow VTers, friends or family. I even had to mail one to myself :-) just to get the Old Faithful post mark.
More Reviews (24)
annk's Related Pages
Yellowstone National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yellowstone National Park, My Neighbor"
- "Incredible Yellowstone National Park"
- "Yellowstone National Park was fantastic"
- "Yellowstone National Park"
- "Yellowstone: Hot springs and shifting landscapes"
- "Yellowstone!.... a dream come true!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yellowstone National Park
- Hotels in Yellowstone National Park
- Transportation in Yellowstone National Park
- Nightlife in Yellowstone National Park
- Restaurants in Yellowstone National Park
- Shopping in Yellowstone National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Yellowstone National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yellowstone National Park
- 27 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Yellowstone National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yellowstone National Park
- updated a Yellowstone National Park Travel Page "Yellowstone National Park"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Farewel Judy in PA"
- Wrote a Review Lake Yellowstone Hotel in Yellowstone National Park Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lake Yellowstone Hotel"
- Commented on one of GreenMtn.Man's Yellowstone National Park travel pages
Photos in Yellowstone National ParkSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Channel Islands National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Aruba Intro, 32 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 26 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poipu Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Santa Barbara Intro, 21 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (40)
- Mammoth Hot Springs- 70 Reviews, 152 Photos
- Geysers/hot springs- 195 Reviews, 485 Photos
- Wildlife- 73 Reviews, 170 Photos
- Grand Canyon- 64 Reviews, 123 Photos
- Old Faithful- 52 Reviews, 103 Photos
- Hayden Valley- 13 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Waterfalls- 46 Reviews, 108 Photos
- Old Faithful Inn- 8 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Tower Falls- 16 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Morning Glory Pool- 10 Reviews, 19 Photos