"Grand Teton N.P. - the highest of the Rockies" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park by annk

Grand Teton National Park Travel Guide: 314 reviews and 925 photos

It's hard to believe this park is overlooked by so many and just a route to visit its famous northern neighbor Yellowstone. The scenery is outstanding and some of the best I've seen in the U.S. A mountain range I will never forget rising abruptly from the Jackson Hole Valley all angles and viewpoints stunning. In addition, the reflective lakes, streams, abundant plants, trees and wildlife all add to the natural beauty of the area. Not a place I would tire of as there are numerous hiking & boating oppotunities.

We spent part of a day driving through the park to Yellowstone, then 3 full days towards the end of our weeklong trip. There is so much of the world to explore but this is one area I'd definitely return to.

Admission to the park is $20 per vehicle for 7 days. It includes a park service map and admission to Yellowstone as well. You will be given another map of Yellowstone if you visit.

The Grand Teton name was derived from French Canadian trappers who named them three breasts or Les Trois Tetons.

View from Signal Mountain Lodge.

• Pros:Breathtaking views, great hiking, animal sitings
  • Cons:severe winters, some roads are closed
  • Last visit to Grand Teton National Park: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 13, 2005

• Aug 11, 2007 at 12:00 PM

Ann, thanks for the tips and photos of GT. I'll be there this time next month and am getting rather excited about the trip. Never had heard of the Chapel of the Sacred Heart. Looks like a must see!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2005 at 9:33 PM

Thank you for showing what we missed by lack of time ! Next time, may be !

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2005 at 7:48 AM

Helpful and enjoyable page on Grand Teton! We have booked flights into Jackson so we will be starting our trip here, Can't wait.:) Just booked the Signal Mountain Inn for our stay. thank you so much for your tip!

• Sep 1, 2004 at 3:33 PM

If it weren't for the view from Leeks I would not return. In my opinion, when I worked in the park in 1196 and 1997 the Pizza was better.

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2004 at 2:36 PM

Great pages on a beautiful Natl Park. And by the way, the merganser isn't a common, its a Red Breasted. Thats coming from a birdwatcher : )

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2004 at 12:47 PM

A nice tour of the main stops in the Park. What is amazing is really how small this range is when you are on top;-]

• Apr 13, 2004 at 8:26 AM

Is this the church that was used in the film "Spencer's Mountain" If you haven't seen it you shoul rent it from your local library. It is filmed in GTNP with henry fonda.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2003 at 6:22 PM

Wow, fantastic page about the Grand Teton National Park!! Your photos are so beautiful! I didn't have any time to stop here. But next time I certainly will. Your page makes me eager to go back again!

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2003 at 5:22 PM

Hi Ann how are you , it has been too long , looks like you had agreat trip,it sure looks like British Columbia like Ann75 said , beautiful page ann . So much beautty to see in this world eh great page Ann . Bye Ann.

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2003 at 6:12 AM

Glorious pictures! Much more thorough page than mine by far!

annk

“Don't sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Grand Teton National Park

Have you been to Grand Teton National Park?