"The North Entrance to Yellowstone" Gardiner by annk
Gardiner Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 26 photos
The town of Gardiner is located close to the north entrance of Yellowstone National Park and just 5 miles from the famous Mammoth Hot Springs area. It's claim to fame is the Roosevelt Arch erected in 1903 with it's inscription "For the Benefit and Enjoyment of the People".
The town provides an alternative place to stay while visiting America's first National Park to the somewhat expensive and quickly booked up lodging in the park. There are a number of modern hotels and a western-looking main street lined with shops, restaurants and bars.
- Pros:Small western town, cheaper lodging than in the park, plenty of resturants, shops, bars
- Cons:Probably very cold in the winter
- In a nutshell:A good alternative for lodging while visiting Yellowstone
A fleet of yellow touring cars are housed in Gardiner. They were manufactured by the White Motor Corporation of... more travel advice
The main street is lined with numerous shops, restaurants and saloons catering to visitors on their way to Yellowstone.... more travel advice
annk's Related Pages
Gardiner Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Only Year Round Entrance to Yellowstone"
- "The North Entrance to Yellowstone"
- "Great Basecamp for Exploring Yellowstone"
- "Cute Gardiner Montana"
- "Wild West Rafting was Amazing!"
- "Gardiner MT"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gardiner
- Hotels in Gardiner
- Restaurants in Gardiner
- Shopping in Gardiner
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gardiner
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Gardiner?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gardiner
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Channel Islands National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Aruba Intro, 32 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 26 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poipu Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Santa Barbara Intro, 21 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue