"Sunny Poipu Beach, Kauai" Top 5 Page for this destination Poipu by annk

Poipu Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 155 photos

Our second home

Poipu Beach Kauai is one of my favorite destinations. Though I love to visit new places this is one that I always return to and love it so much that we recently purchased a condo. It's one of those special places where I can totally unwind, be at peace and feel at home. Why Poipu Beach? Partly because the island of Kauai is my favorite of the Hawaiian chain, less crowded, developed, and commercialized than some of the other islands. It is also very beautiful, tropical and lush, hence named the "Garden Island." Another reason is Kiahuna Plantation, a wonderful plantation style condo complex set amongst acres of spacious, park-like grounds overlooking one of the best beaches on the south shore and named one of the top 10 beaches per the Travel Channel.

We've been visiting Poipu Beach for the past 20+ years and were married on the beach in 1989. It will always be a special place to us.

• Pros:Beautiful, lush, green, quieter than Oahu & Maui, no high rises
  • Cons:May be too quiet for some, not much night life
  • In a nutshell:A paradise on earth!
  • Last visit to Poipu: Oct 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 4, 2005

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2008 at 4:57 PM

Just came back for a visit of the condo. I think it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever stayed. To bad it is so far away for us and our RV.

• Feb 25, 2007 at 10:51 PM

How informative, interesting and helpful ALL of your comments and tips are!! Once I started I couldn't stop reading them. My niece and her family are going to Poipu in March and they will certainly benefit from your pages. Thanks for sharing.

• 2rs's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2005 at 6:29 PM

Thanks for sharing your images and tips especially local food tips. My experience from The Big Island is that lots of the "hole in the wall places" serves the best local food. Looking forward to some plate lunches and Laualau when I'm visiting in January.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2005 at 10:03 AM

What an enticing page you have built here! I can hardly wait for our planned trip to Kauai in November. And what I'd give for a slice of that Hula Pie right now!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2005 at 10:26 AM

Not sure if you are a golfer... but I loved the Prince Course... it was unbelievable!

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2005 at 12:55 PM

What a beautiful place. I love the photo of the botanical gardens. The beaches are just gorgeous, and that loc moco pie looks delicious!!! :)

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2005 at 9:21 AM

Ann, Enjjoy your trip back to Kauai. It is one of my favorite islands Kat

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2004 at 1:35 PM

Thanks for Aloha from Kauai postcard - I just look at it and dream... :-))) Are endangered monk seal really fast? What plant is taro? I never heard about it hehe. Could I buy "taro" in my supermarket? :-)))

• SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2004 at 1:16 PM

Actually, it's loco moco and not the other way around! Great photos of Kaua, though!

• kalkahuna's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2004 at 1:01 PM

Joe's on the Green is No Ka Oi! The Joe's omlette uses taro leaves. Ask them to spice it up with some chopped jalapenos and they may ask if you know me! We heard the Kiahuna GC is reopened and is in good condition. Can't wait to return.

annk Visits Here Frequently!

annk

“Don't sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Poipu