"Mount Dora, a touch of "Old Florida"" Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Dora by annk

Mount Dora Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 179 photos

Mt. Dora is a quaint, historic, little town (pop. 9200) with the true flavor of the deep south. It is located 30 miles northwest of Orlando and seems worlds away from the modern highways & city, and multitudes of bustling theme parks nearby. It is also at the highest point in Florida, but don't bother bringing your skiis, it's a whopping 150 feet above sea level! The historic downtown area is full of specialty stops, antique stores, restaurants and a few bed & breakfasts. Just a couple of blocks away is Lake Dora where there are parks, nature walks, fishing and boating.

• Pros:small town feel, on a lake, lots of nature, shopping & restaurants
  • Cons:they've got some big gators in the lake
  • Last visit to Mount Dora: Apr 2002
  • Intro Written Oct 6, 2002

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2007 at 11:51 AM

Hey, for a few weeks we will be staying near here. I've got to do the boardwalk walk. A relative lives in this area. Thanks for your help, again.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2007 at 11:25 AM

You did a real fine job on your page. I just visited Mt. Dora for the first time last week but didn't have time to explore as much as I would like. Thanks for filling in the blanks.

• Michael_D's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2005 at 8:39 AM

Geez...I live here and dont have a page(yet) LOL Hope you enjoyed Lake Co over the holidays...Mike

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2004 at 4:57 PM

Ah, the real Florida! I love Mt. Dora, looking forward to getting back there soon.

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2003 at 1:26 PM

Mount Dora is a grand olde Dame of FL, even so close to MouseWorld East. I am sure Possum liked those racoons as much as the Little Girl does the ones in my back yard - at 2 AM.

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2003 at 9:17 PM

Always like pages with gators and herons, but for all my experience I've never seen a live raccoon (plenty of them killed roadside and ready for the buzzards and herons).

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2003 at 6:58 AM

One of my favorite movies was filmed in Mt. Dora. Honky Tonk Freeway. Its much better than the title sounds. The entire town was painted pink for the movie. Glad I found your page.

annk

“Don't sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Mount Dora

Have you been to Mount Dora?

Latest Activity in Mount Dora