"A day in Oceanside" Top 5 Page for this destination Oceanside by annk
Oceanside Travel Guide: 204 reviews and 553 photos
Oceanside is located in southern California along the coast just north of San Diego. It's probably best known for Camp Pendleton a marine corps base with one of the world's leading amphibious training facilities. It also serves as a historical and ecological preserve. I've heard you can take guided or self-guided tours of the base but we did not have the time to do so.
It is also home to one of the largest missions in California - Mission San Luis Rey.
The wide sandy beaches offer opportunities year-round for ocean acitivities. We visited in mid April and the temps were still pretty cool so we only saw wet-suit clad surfers.
My main purpose for visiting Oceanside was to attend a VT meeting on April 12, 2003 at the Rockin Baja Lobster restaurant to welcome Matcrazy1 and his wife Ursulla to the states.
- Pros:Great weather, beautiful sandy beach, good place for a VT meeting
Decent sized rooms, king or 2 queen beds, refrigerator, microwave, couch/sofabed, coffee maker. Other amenities include... more travel advice
Oceanside has a wide, sandy beach 3.5 miles long. The number of surfers present was a good indication that this is a... more travel advice
annk's Related Pages
Oceanside Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "~Oceanside Revisited~"
- "Let's meet in Oceanside again :-)))"
- "A day in Oceanside"
- "Oceanside - California"
- "VT welcomes Matt and Ursula to Oceanside"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oceanside
- Hotels in Oceanside
- Transportation in Oceanside
- Nightlife in Oceanside
- Restaurants in Oceanside
- Shopping in Oceanside
- Warnings and Dangers in Oceanside
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oceanside
- 8 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Oceanside?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oceanside
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Channel Islands National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Aruba Intro, 32 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 26 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Death Valley National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poipu Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Santa Barbara Intro, 21 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue