"Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve" Top 5 Page for this destination Lancaster by annk
Lancaster Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 148 photos
The Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve is on 1,745 acres of land producing the best and most consistent blooms of poppies in the State of California. Blooms vary yearly due to weather conditions and precipitation. The season is short, usually from mid-March to May. Due to the tremendous amount of rain received in California this year, the blooms started in early March and the slopes are bursting with color. The area attracts many visitors and photographers and can be very crowded on weekends.
The state reserve is located 15 miles west of the city of Lancaster off Avenue I from highway 14.
- Pros:The hiking trails, fields of bright orange poppies, visitor's center
- Cons:Only blooms from March to May
Another plant growing low to the ground is the "Pygmy Lupine." These purplish-blue flowers can grow up to 2" and they... more travel advice
Since the visitor's center fills up quickly on weekends, many people park along Avenue I and tramp through the poppy... more travel advice
annk's Related Pages
Lancaster Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Land of Sand!"
- "HOME TO THE CALIFORNIA STATE FLOWER"
- "Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve"
- "Engineer's Dream ... Adventurer's Nightmare"
- "Basaic Lancaster Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lancaster
- Hotels in Lancaster
- Transportation in Lancaster
- Nightlife in Lancaster
- Restaurants in Lancaster
- Shopping in Lancaster
- Warnings and Dangers in Lancaster
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lancaster
- 4 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Lancaster?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lancaster
Photos in LancasterSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Channel Islands National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Aruba Intro, 32 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 26 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Death Valley National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poipu Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Santa Barbara Intro, 21 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue