"Seward - Scenery that can't be beat" Top 5 Page for this destination Seward by annk
Seward Travel Guide: 210 reviews and 492 photos
We spent 3 nights in Seward during our land based trip to Alaska.
- It's the gateway to Kenai Fjords National Park
- The beautiful landscape, mountains and harbor
- The scenic drive along the Seward Highway from Anchorage. (I hear views from the train are equally rewarding.)
- The close proximity to Exit Glacier - and one that you can walk right up to
- Alaska SeaLife Center
When we pulled into town the party boats were back from their day of fishing and they proceeded to unload their catch. I have never seen such large halibut! The crew hosed off the fish and weighed the largest ones. The opposite side of the fish is white.
Funny how everyone assumed we were taking a cruise. As if visiting Alaska is synonomous with cruising. This trip was land based starting in Fairbanks ending in Anchorage. Even when I mentioned we were traveling by train and car, before I departed most wished me a good cruise :-).
Location: 126 miles south of Anchorage
Population: 4,000 residents
- Pros:Some of the best scenery in the U.S., excellent fishing, Kenai Fjords N.P., lots of wildlife sitings
- Cons:It rains a lot, year round cool temps
- In a nutshell:Supposedly a good place to sample the "Real Alaska"
If you have any interest in the sled dog teams or the Iditarod, you may want to visit & take a tour at the Seavey... more travel advice
From May through September, it's common to see cruise ships docked at the harbor. Seward is either a final destination... more travel advice
annk's Related Pages
Seward Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Scenic Seward"
- "Seward - Scenery that can't be beat"
- "Jumping Around Seward!"
- "A Favorite Destination"
- "Seward and Kenai Fjords National Park"
- "Great fishing town on Kenai Peninsula"
- "Seward, a small and friendly harbor town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seward
- Hotels in Seward
- Transportation in Seward
- Restaurants in Seward
- Shopping in Seward
- Warnings and Dangers in Seward
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seward
- 13 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Seward?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seward
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Channel Islands National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Aruba Intro, 32 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 26 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Death Valley National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poipu Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Santa Barbara Intro, 21 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue