"Reykjavik - The northern most capital" Reykjavík Region by annk
Reykjavík Region Travel Guide: 1,550 reviews and 4,068 photos
Reykjavik is the northern most capital in the world with a population of over 200,000. The name was given by the first settler Ingolfur Arnasson and means "Bay of Smoke". Sort of ironic in a pollution free, clean environment. I found it refreshing to experience a capital city without crowds, congestion, pollution, traffic jams and road rage. In fact the city appeared pretty quiet never too many people walking around. I've heard the nightlife is pretty lively but did not have a chance to experience since we toured all day, everyday, too tired by late evening and preparing for the next day ahead.
Reykjavik is a good base for day trips to the natural wonders outside the city. Lots of tours are available either by bus, plane or boat, guided or unguided depending on your budget.
All photos were taken by me.
- Pros:Crisp, clean & uncrowded
- Cons:unpredictable weather
The houses are brightly colored most constructed of either corrugated metal or concrete. more travel advice
Natural light fills the cathedral but it lacks decorations and ornamentation. more travel advice
- See All Radisson SAS Saga Hotel
- See All St Jornarraoio
- The ICELANDIC HORSE - A...
annk's Related Pages
Reykjavík Region Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Iceland - in winter!"
- "Reykjavik 101"
- "Seamandrew's Reykjavik Region Page"
- "Reykjavik - wonderland :)"
- "Iceland, a small country with big heart"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Reykjavík Region
- Hotels in Reykjavík Region
- Transportation in Reykjavík Region
- Nightlife in Reykjavík Region
- Restaurants in Reykjavík Region
- Shopping in Reykjavík Region
- Warnings and Dangers in Reykjavík Region
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Reykjavík Region
- 23 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Reykjavík Region?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Reykjavík Region
- Posted in Travel Northwestern Hawaiian Islands Forum "Re: October 08, Need help in..."
- updated a Reykjavík Region Travelogue "Meeting VTers"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Meeting VTers"
- Commented on one of snorril's Reykjavík Region travel pages
- Wrote a Review City views about City views in Reykjavík Region Things to Do
Photos in Reykjavík RegionSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Channel Islands National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Aruba Intro, 32 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 26 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Death Valley National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poipu Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Santa Barbara Intro, 21 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (40)
Top Reykjavík Region hotels
- Reykjavík Hotels
- 892 Reviews - 2991 Photos