"Beautiful Bonigen" Bönigen by annk

Bönigen Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos

My husband and I visited the Alsace Region of France and the Bernese Oberland area of Switzerland in September of 2001. In Switzerland I had planned on basing out of Interlaken but accomodations were booked full so I chose the nearby town of Bonigen. I was afraid that transportation might be a problem since we did not have a car and were dependent upon the public system. It was no problem as the steamers continuously cruised Lake Brienz starting and ending in Interlaken, Bonigen being a regular stop. There was also a bus stop steps from our hotel which we used frequently. And on a nice sunny, day we walked from Interlaken to our hotel, a mere distance of a couple miles.

Bonigen is ideally located on Lake Brienz. It's a small, beautiful town surrounded by mountains. It's known for it's fancy wood carved chalets and tours are given weekly. Unfortunately I missed out due to the rain. We had quite a bit of rain during our 6 day stay but we always enjoyed viewing the steamers from our hotel or cruising the lake rain or shine. Hiking trails are close by and walks along the lake are gorgeous!

• Pros:Small, quiet, beautiful!!!
  • Cons:Can't think of any
  • Last visit to Bönigen: Sep 2001
  • Intro Updated Nov 15, 2005

annk

“Don't sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Bönigen

Have you been to Bönigen?

Latest Activity in Bönigen