"Beautiful Bonigen" Bönigen by annk
Bönigen Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
My husband and I visited the Alsace Region of France and the Bernese Oberland area of Switzerland in September of 2001. In Switzerland I had planned on basing out of Interlaken but accomodations were booked full so I chose the nearby town of Bonigen. I was afraid that transportation might be a problem since we did not have a car and were dependent upon the public system. It was no problem as the steamers continuously cruised Lake Brienz starting and ending in Interlaken, Bonigen being a regular stop. There was also a bus stop steps from our hotel which we used frequently. And on a nice sunny, day we walked from Interlaken to our hotel, a mere distance of a couple miles.
Bonigen is ideally located on Lake Brienz. It's a small, beautiful town surrounded by mountains. It's known for it's fancy wood carved chalets and tours are given weekly. Unfortunately I missed out due to the rain. We had quite a bit of rain during our 6 day stay but we always enjoyed viewing the steamers from our hotel or cruising the lake rain or shine. Hiking trails are close by and walks along the lake are gorgeous!
- Pros:Small, quiet, beautiful!!!
- Cons:Can't think of any
annk's Related Pages
Bönigen Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bönigen
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Bönigen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bönigen
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Channel Islands National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Aruba Intro, 32 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 26 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Death Valley National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poipu Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Santa Barbara Intro, 21 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue