"Kapalua - "Arms embracing the Sea"" Kapalua by annk

Kapalua Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 23 photos

Kapalua is an upscale resort town located in northwest Maui and is probably best known for its world-class golf. The Mecedes Championship for PGA golfers has been held on the Plantation course since 1999. Though we did not play, ( we're terrible golfers and it would be a waste of green fees) we walked some of the course in the evening when the golfers were through. The scenery was breathtaking! Much of it is on a hillside sloping down towards the sea with views of the ocean and the island of Molokai.

Kapalua translates to "arms embracing the sea" with its six bays and various sized peninsulas jutting into the beautiful crystal clear Pacific. Each bay is different, some have excellent snorkeling and swimming, others, surfing and boogie boarding.

The Kapalua butterfly logo is probably known to most avid golfers around the world. Golf attire and tourist garb adorned with the logo can be purchased everywhere.

My avid golfer colleagues could not believe I didn't play a round.

• Pros:Beautiful & quiet, world-class golfing, excellent snorkeling
  • Cons:Expensive!
  • In a nutshell:Paradise!
  • Last visit to Kapalua: Mar 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 9, 2005

• Shihar's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2007 at 7:49 AM

Wonderful red- crested cardinal photo!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2004 at 11:27 AM

Wonderful shots! I would love to play with humpbacks and to visit this wedding beach. Wow, any VT weddings there soon?

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2004 at 6:10 PM

Wonderful page, looks like our kind of island. Would love to go here some day. Very helpful information and photos. :o)

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2003 at 7:39 PM

So I feel we've had a swim and played a round of golf together. So you've seen humpbacks and seals and sea lions before. . . pretty proud of yourself, I'll bet.

• TinKan's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2003 at 6:55 PM

WOW!!! Ann you have done well. This page is destin to be one of the best on VT. Great write-ups and awesome pictures.

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2003 at 8:40 AM

Ann, you should have played golf at the PGA course. With the prices they charge, I would have hit my divots and not worried. Divots are part of the game.

• Goner's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2003 at 10:02 PM

Another great Hawaii page. Don't you just love those freebees!

• Apr 15, 2003 at 7:58 PM

Lovely Bay's and Beaches there, Ann. Great pictures too.Must be really nice there, with those waters?huh! Refreshing!

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2003 at 9:19 PM

So, I reckon Bob was footing the bills ;-) Great to have a husband like him, isn't it? & he cooks too! Ah, I'm envious, lol...

annk

“Don't sweat the small stuff”

Badges & Stats in Kapalua

Have you been to Kapalua?