"Kapalua - "Arms embracing the Sea"" Kapalua by annk
Kapalua Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 23 photos
Kapalua is an upscale resort town located in northwest Maui and is probably best known for its world-class golf. The Mecedes Championship for PGA golfers has been held on the Plantation course since 1999. Though we did not play, ( we're terrible golfers and it would be a waste of green fees) we walked some of the course in the evening when the golfers were through. The scenery was breathtaking! Much of it is on a hillside sloping down towards the sea with views of the ocean and the island of Molokai.
Kapalua translates to "arms embracing the sea" with its six bays and various sized peninsulas jutting into the beautiful crystal clear Pacific. Each bay is different, some have excellent snorkeling and swimming, others, surfing and boogie boarding.
The Kapalua butterfly logo is probably known to most avid golfers around the world. Golf attire and tourist garb adorned with the logo can be purchased everywhere.
My avid golfer colleagues could not believe I didn't play a round.
- Pros:Beautiful & quiet, world-class golfing, excellent snorkeling
- In a nutshell:Paradise!
Snorkeling and scuba diving are popular activities sports. Kapalua Bay was our favorite and it's considered to be one of... more travel advice
These pine trees look similar to Norfolk Island but generally have a wider cone shape. They were discovered by Captain... more travel advice
annk's Related Pages
Kapalua Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kapalua - "Arms embracing the Sea""
- "NAPILI SHORES AREA & KAPALUA RESORT"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kapalua
- Hotels in Kapalua
- Restaurants in Kapalua
- Shopping in Kapalua
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kapalua
- 11 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Kapalua?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kapalua
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Channel Islands National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Aruba Intro, 32 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 26 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poipu Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Santa Barbara Intro, 21 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue