"The Ancient little town of Turckheim" Turckheim by annk
Turckheim Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 70 photos
This quaint little town lies in northeast France just outside the city of Colmar on the Alsace wine route. It is known for retaining its long standing traditions, and every evening at 22:00 from May thru October a night watchman stops and sings at every street corner. We visited Turckheim briefly, it was one of 3 towns we visited on a half day tour of the wine region.
- Pros:Quaint, charming, quiet
- Cons:probably not a lot to do here
There are over 100 little villages and towns that make up the Alsace Wine Route. I'd say most of them are "off the... more travel advice
Storks are symbolic of the region and are believed to bring good luck. They return every March to roost after wintering... more travel advice
annk's Related Pages
Turckheim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Medieval town of Turckheim."
- "The Ancient little town of Turckheim"
- "CHRISTMAS 2003 IN ALSACE"
- "Plan B was Turckheim and it worked very well"
- "Lovely Turckheim"
- "Weekend in France..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turckheim
- Hotels in Turckheim
- Restaurants in Turckheim
- Shopping in Turckheim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turckheim
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Turckheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turckheim
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Channel Islands National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Aruba Intro, 32 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 26 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poipu Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Santa Barbara Intro, 21 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue