"Ann's Homepage" annk's Profile
Another one off my bucket list in 2012. We were very fortunate that we were able to take a River Cruise this summer on one of Viking's new longships. We enjoyed it as it was very port intensive (no sea days) with city and walking tours included. There was also ample time to explore on your own after the tours. Most of our fellow passengers enjoyed the cruise but a few did not as they preferred the entertainment, pampering, variety of bars & restaurants on ocean cruises. River cruise boats are designed to fit through the many locks (we went through 66!) and low bridges which leaves no room for gyms, spas, casinos and the many entertainment facilities found on the large ships.
Food was plenty, open seating and lots of buffets specializing in local cuisines. I gained 5 lbs. despite all the walking we did. Attire was pretty casual except for those that wished to dress up at dinner. Passengers in general were well traveled and interesting.
Travels for 2014
March - Caribbean cruise - Key West, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman
May - Caribbean cruise - Key West (incl. Dry Tortugas NP), Nassau, Freeport
August - Norwegian Fjords cruise
2013 - Caribbean cruise, Alaska cruise
2012 - River cruise - Budapest to Amsterdam inc. Slovakia, Vienna, Germany, Netherlands, then Bruges, Brussels & London
2011 - Panama Canal cruise and Kauai
2010 - drove across the U.S. from S. CA to SW FL (moved!), Hawaii
2009 - Rome, Eastern Med. cruise incl. Dubrovnik, Greece, Turkey, Sicily
2008 - London & Bath, Sydney & Cairns, Lake Tahoe
2007 - Loreto Mexico, Lake Tahoe, Hawaii
2006 - Hawaii - Kauai & Oahu, Florida - Naples, Everglades NP, Biscayne NP, Switzerland including Lucerne, Interlaken, Zermatt, Montreux, Zurich
2005 - Kauai, Yosemite NP (CA), Maine (Bar Harbor, Acadia NP), Canadian Rockies (Calgary, Lake Louise; Banff, Jasper & Yoho NP's)
2004 - Maui & Kauai Hawaii,
Arches & Canyonlands NPs Utah,Colorado, Alaska (Fairbanks to Seward)
2003 - Baltic cruise - Copenhagen, Visby, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Tallin, London (post-cruise), Yellowstone & Grand Tetons WY, Montana
2002 - New Mexico, Texas, Seattle WA, Victoria BC, Iceland
2001 - Aruba, Strasbourg & Colmar FR, Bernese Oberland SZ.
2000 - Venice & Verona IT, Annecy & Paris FR
1999 - Fr. Polynesia (cruise)
Life is not measured
by the number of breaths
we take, but by the places
and moments that take
our breath away.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 794 Reviews
- 1,446 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 63 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
- Commented on Geoff_Wright's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Ann's Homepage"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Farewel Judy in PA"
- updated a Brugge Travel Page "A Day in Brugge"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Day in Brugge"
- annk and y2ketan2007 are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Across from Hyde Park in Sydney Hotels
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Channel Islands National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Aruba Intro, 32 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 26 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poipu Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Santa Barbara Intro, 21 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue