"donne in corriera" Ancona by titti

Ancona Travel Guide: 127 reviews and 367 photos

<center><font color ="blue" size="+1">correre in corriera da Corrado <p></font><font color="blue">(ask utttz for translation)</font>
<p><font color ="blue" size="+1">... to and from Ancona...
<p><b>How a birthday party can be travel related.</b></center></font>
<p>Everything started some days before Corrado’s birthday.
We were looking for a birthday present, but Chiara was called somewhere in Britain and she had to go. So, I remained alone with that hard task. Actually, Chiara tried to give some ideas. She called me from the airport, but … her plane (Ryanair) was delayed for a stike; she was so disappointed … she started her famous blablablabla … I started mine… And we completely forgot about Corrado’s birthday and present!
Two days before the party, Chiara was back. Half a day calling each other and I had my task again: go and buy the present, but … Paolo had a great idea for the present (wonder why he didn’t have it earlier)!!! New calls and my task changed a bit: go and buy the new birthday present!
And things started to go wrong.
First: I could not open my garage and my bicycle was there. I had to walk about one hour to go to the nearest mall, buy the present and be back, but … we had the present!
And it was time to leave to Ancona.
<b>Transportation….</b>
<b>From “paesello 2” to Bergamo - the first <I>corriera</I> (Locatelli)</b>. You must know that I have great travelling-relationship with bus drivers (I’m a pretty famous <I>donna in corriera</I>). that morning the driver, worried about the train strike and the possibility I would spend the rest of my life in Ancona, gave me some advice about a bus from Ancona to Milano. Then, Chiara, while she was on the train to Ancona, thanks to her famous and useful blablabla, got all the information we were looking for …
<b>From my school to the train station - the second <I>corriera (ATB)</I></b>. The bus was two minutes late and I missed the train to Milano…
<b>From Bergamo to Milano - the third <I>corriera</I> (Autostradale)</b>. Strange, no terrible car accidents on the famous A4 highway, very strange. Were things turning well?!
<b>From Milano to Ancona - the first train (ES - FS)</b>. The Italian train was perfectly on time … despite what a gossipy-Swiss-girl (call_me_rhia) is always complaining about in VT-forum.
<b>From Ancona to Porto Recanati - the second train</b> Just 8 minutes for the connection; still on time (Augustaaaa….).
And the birthday-meeting took place in Porto Recanati. Later, I’ll say you something about the birthday party.
The day after was time to go back to paesello 2. No problems about the strike, Chiara got the driver’s phone number. Our seats, on the next <I>corriera</I> were almost booked (actually, it was not so easy to catch the bus, busybodies around VT wrote something in their Ancona pages (Pollon, Xaver).
<b>From Ancona to Milano – the fourth <I>corriera</I> (Baltour)</b> In the opening photo our ticket.
End of the trip?? Noooo!!! Underground to the “stazione centrale” in Milano; another train to Bergamo, the last <I>corriera</I> from Bergamo to paesello 2 and late in the night I was back home.
Well, probably you think I did that all for I love Corrado. Don’t worry Corrado’s fans, I did this adventurous trip simply because … I do love birthday parties, those cakes, those flickering candles, that magic puffffff. Now, you probably think that Mr birthday had a great cake with those 30 sweeeet candles. Well, you are wrong: no cakes!! No candles!! No puffffff!! <p>Corrado, would you please try to explain to me why I came to Ancona???

• Intro Written Sep 11, 2002