S.Sell hasn't come back to VirtualTourist in a while.
Meet other members!

My Favorite Pages

John3554's Profile Photo
John3554 May 9, 2015 at 10:52 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'Restaurants in Venice and Florence'. Thank you, those are great suggestions. I love pizza.

S.Sell May 10, 2015 at 6:55 AM

You are welcome! My wife and I just got back from Florence 3 weeks ago. The pizza and the sandwich shop are the "go to spots" in Florence. Gelato Via Dei Neri has excellent Gelato and it's close to the sandwich shop. The cones aren't that great. Gelateria la Carraia Piazza Nazario Sauro, 25-red is closer to Gusta Pizza with good cones and gelato. Best cone in town is Grom near the Duomo.

taigaa001's Profile Photo
taigaa001 Mar 23, 2015 at 6:26 PM

Hi from Japan.

repace's Profile Photo
repace Feb 15, 2013 at 8:52 AM

craic's Profile Photo
craic Jan 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM

rome is so amazing - but it is a tough city! - i was wondering where you lived because we found that coming from australia we just weren't used to big city tricks

S.Sell Jan 28, 2013 at 12:58 PM

A lot of people in the USA don't like it, but we call it home. Most of it is very flat and few trees. The wheat fields are a sight when they are ripe. Australia has similar land, right?

• craic's Profile Photo
    craic Jan 28, 2013 at 5:49 PM

from photos and movies i have seen i don't think there is anywhere else in the world like the wheat fields of america

goodfish's Profile Photo
goodfish Jan 26, 2013 at 7:04 AM

AHA! Very nice to see your smiling faces and know whom we're chatting with! A warm welcome to Virtual Tourist and, as you can see from the LONG thread about Italy, it's obvious that we're as exciting as YOU are about your trip!

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    riorich55 Jan 26, 2013 at 7:32 AM

You just have to watch out that Kate doesn't ask to be put into one of your checked bags for the trip. LOL. We also like to have a little fun here, hopefully you don't mind.

• goodfish's Profile Photo
    goodfish Jan 26, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Shhhhh!! You weren't supposed to tell 'em! But sadly not possible, I'm afraid; THAT would put them over the luggage weight/size allowance for sure.

riorich55's Profile Photo
riorich55 Jan 26, 2013 at 7:03 AM

You are getting some great responses. Leics (Jane) and Goodfish (Kate) are both really good sources for Italy. I've met them both within the last couple of years when they came through Chicago. Nice ladies. I wanted to give you a hotel recommendation for Rome that we stayed at. A very nice small hotel right down the street from the Vatican and steps to a Metro station. Here is the link to my review of the Sweet Vatican. Sweet Vatican Guest House: "Small B & B Near the Vatican" - Rome Hotel Tip by riorich55

• goodfish's Profile Photo
    goodfish Jan 26, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I can also give you info on the shuttle bus to Termini: cheap and very, very easy. If you stay close enough to the train station, you can walk from there.

• leics's Profile Photo
    leics Jan 27, 2013 at 12:04 AM

All taxis to/from Fiumicino work to a fixed city rate of 48 euro to/from anywhere within the Aurelian Walls (the historical centre). Your hotel will almost certainly be within that area. :-)

riorich55's Profile Photo
riorich55 Jan 24, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Hopefully you will also see this comment here. VT can be a bit overwhelming at first, but the answers given by most are very good. Obviously Italy forums are very popular. You can also email individuals with questions if you want to ask something outside of the forums.

S.Sell Jan 24, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Yes, the information is excellent. Thanks!