"Bamako - a city in miniature" Top 5 Page for this destination Bamako by sociolingo
Bamako Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 162 photos
Most people visiting Mali just pass though Bamako on the way to Timbutou or Dogon country. But, to my mind, and I'm biased because I live here, Bamako is one of the nicer cities in West Africa. Small, friendly and yet big enough to have almost anything you need. Parts of the city are well worth visiting and, if you get a bit lost, don't worry ... in the day time it's one of the safest places in West Africa. So, feel free to wander and enjoy meeting people.
A large hotel built in the 1950s and renovated in the 1980s. There is a swimming pool which is among the best in... more travel advice
Go and see the traffic roundabouts in Bamako. No, I'm not kidding ... they are amazing. more travel advice
sociolingo's Related Pages
Bamako Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bamako - a city in miniature"
- "Mali's Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bamako
- Hotels in Bamako
- Transportation in Bamako
- Nightlife in Bamako
- Restaurants in Bamako
- Shopping in Bamako
- Warnings and Dangers in Bamako
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bamako
- 18 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Bamako?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bamako
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamako Intro, 18 reviews, 7 photos
- Mali Intro, 15 reviews, 2 photos
- Cameroon Intro, 12 reviews, 4 photos, 2 travelogues
- The Gambia Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Neuchâtel Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Chatham Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Region de Segou Intro, 5 reviews
- Reading Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Gao Intro, 1 review, 2 photos