"A fantastic experience in Tanzania" Top 5 Page for this destination Arusha by Luckell

Arusha Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 107 photos

Arusha-Tanzania

Listen all! This is a page about my trip to the wonderful country Tanzania. I want to tell you short about my stay, what I did and what you have to do if you visit the country. I also want to show you pictures so read on and enjoy!

Shortly what I did

I visited Tanzania two years ago (2011), and I have to say that it was an awesome trip. I lived at a missionary station with some Finns (who are working and living at the station) outside the city of Arusha in northern Tanzania. It is near Mount Meru and Kilimajaro, the famous mountains. I knew some of the Finns at the station, some not. The man and woman who are leaders I knew as friends from before.
At the station they’re working a lot with music and radio, they are educating Africans, planting trees and learning the people about the Christian message. During the three weeks I was in Tanzania I visited African schools and went on safari. (It was fantastic!) I also went to a masai village. Masai is a people in Tanzania who lives in villages in the wilderness.
The weather was very hot and because of the low standard in the country the roads were not so good. I remember that I bounced around in our four-wheel Jeeps and listened to "Bumby ride" by Mohombi. The dryness also did that it was extremely dusty. When I came home I was for a few weeks completely allergic to all kind of dust. I couldn’t even get dressed without sneezing. Haha, but this is nothing that would stop me from going again. The trip was so unforgettably nice.
If you are visiting Tanzania there is one thing you have to eat, namely Ugali. It is a maize porridge, and you eat it with some sort of sauce. This is a very typical dish for the Tanzanians, and it tastes good also. You eat it with your fingers if I don't remember totally wrong.
So I really recommend Tanzania as your next stop. Go and discover the beautiful country of Africa!
Please continue with reading my tips down here.

• Pros:Incredibly beautiful nature! Cheap food.
  • Last visit to Arusha: Feb 2011
  • Intro Updated Mar 18, 2013

Comments

Luckell Visits Here Frequently!

Badges & Stats in Arusha