"Welcome" euro's Profile

Thanks for stopping by to have a look. Well, I've been a member here for some years now, but enough people have finally done enough nagging that I actually got around to putting a little bit up here!
I don't know exactly what I want to do with my VT pages. It's certainly not going to be anything like a complete documentation of my travels, or my feelings toward travel. Perhaps just a few pictures, ideas and thoughts I can share with anyone who is interested.

Football Fans - a breed apart

Today downtown Frankfurt reminded me of Majorca in summer - lots of fat topless Englishmen with third degree sunburn swilling beer... but a great atmosphere, I do admit, even as a non-football person, AND the shops are open on Sunday, which is otherwise unheard of in Germany and almost tantamount to sacriledge.

Somehow football today seems inextricably linked to television. I wonder what it was like before television? Maybe people actually went out and played themselves on the village green, instead of paying homage to their idols.

Some external links.

Homepage

• Intro Updated May 22, 2007

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Happy Birthday David! I hope you enjoy your special day.

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2012 at 2:01 AM

More than a thousand of VT members are in today's birthday list and you are in the list too. A warm happy birthday greeting from Malaysia. Wish you keep on travelling and have more VT sharings. Cheers.

• Gammy1968's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2009 at 2:45 AM

Happy Birthday David, hope you are doing fine! Cheers Claudia

• VincentJJ's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2007 at 6:34 AM

Hey 'euro' WHEN the EuroVTmeet 2008 at your place??

• Euromeet2007's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2007 at 11:54 PM

Hi David, this is Janet writing to say I looking forward to meeting you in Santorini! Nice Picture on your hp too!

• Jan 31, 2007 at 7:55 AM

Hi David, thanks for signing the Frankfurt VT meeting postcard - it was a nice surprise waiting on the doormat when I got home! All the best, Maria :)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2007 at 10:12 AM

David, I hope you got home safe and sound ...I am definitely among the people who nag you to put something up here. So come on ... *winkygrin*

• Dyesebel's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2006 at 12:27 PM

Happy Birthday to U!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2006 at 6:05 AM

Happy Birthday David!

• sinequanon's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2006 at 6:56 AM

hi David! we have a vt meeting on 26th August. will you join?

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
euro's Profile Photo

euro

“have no fear, know no regrets...”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.