"My dreamed childhood trip" Cairo by diana_renou

Cairo Travel Guide: 3,991 reviews and 9,548 photos

My dream come true

I was very lucky to go to Egypt in the middle of the problematic situation without problems. I could make my old dream of going to Egypt come true. It is a wonderfull place, with a lot of friendly people..a few "not good" people who try to take advantage of tourist and a very unfair situation for people in general and woman in particular.

Dont go to Egypt as a woman alone if you dont have an strong temper
because you will need it, but Egypt worth it and much more.

Dress conservative

Even though I was always dressed very conservative I had to rent (5 egyptcian lires) this dress to be allowed to enter the mosque..Other women in groups (dressed similar to me) didnt have to do it. then, i think it was because I was alone. As it is not my culture I respect all the rules.

Great friendly people. Very unfair situation

I walk around in the streets and could see with my eyes that people is very friendly and helpfull. Even though there are men who hassled verbally you or want to take advantage of you. Women were very friendly with me. I traveled alone in public transportation and was a very nice experience to stay with them. I hope the terrible situation of woman in Egypt could be only a bad dream soon. They deserve a best life.

• Pros:Temples, museum, pyramides, nature and The Nile
  • Cons:Garbage and traffic. Social problems and misery. Woman condition
  • In a nutshell:A must place to see before you died
  • Last visit to Cairo: Jun 2011
  • Intro Written Sep 10, 2011

• Oct 22, 2011 at 6:23 PM

I'm glad you Enjoyed Cairo but Women in Egypt aren't all like the ones you saw.
    You just didn't experience the modern life of Egyptians where women enjoy themselves more than men actually!

diana_renou

“Una vida no basta......”

Badges & Stats in Cairo