"Île de Gorée" Top 5 Page for this destination Ile de Goree by hannette
Ile de Goree Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 103 photos
The whole island is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Since the island is very small (about 900m on 350m) it is pedestrians only: no cars on the island.
Ile Gorée is located about 2 km at see from the main harbor of Dakar.
- Pros:laid back and interesting
- In a nutshell:a must see
Another less know tourist attraction on the island is the castle. more travel advice
One of the main attractions of the island is the former Slave House. Actually not that many slaves were 'processed' from... more travel advice
hannette's Related Pages
Ile de Goree Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Goree Island - Slave Island"
- "weekend in Île de Gorée"
- "Île de Gorée"
- "The Escape from Dakar!"
- "Goree, an oasis in the middle of the sea"
- "Goree Island"
- "Ile de Goree"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ile de Goree
- Hotels in Ile de Goree
- Transportation in Ile de Goree
- Restaurants in Ile de Goree
- Shopping in Ile de Goree
- Warnings and Dangers in Ile de Goree
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ile de Goree
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Ile de Goree?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ile de Goree
Photos in Ile de GoreeSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu Intro, 10 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamako Intro, 10 reviews, 50 photos
- Lalibela Intro, 10 reviews, 49 photos
- Segou Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos
- Bahir Dar Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Ireli Bolo Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Mali Intro, 2 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Addis Ababa Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos
- Kos Island Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- Dakar Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos