"Lamu tamu" Top 5 Page for this destination Lamu Island by hannette
Lamu Island Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 113 photos
Lamu is an island at the north of the coast..
It is definately a must to see!
You can travel by bus from Mombasa... Check in advance on the security of this trip. Or you can travel by plane (more expensive of course).
There are NO CARS on the island (fantastic!), only donkeys..
The atmosphere and cuteness is comparable to stone town in Zanzibar, but it is much smaller, hence cuter and calmer.
- Pros:calm, relaxing, beach, mixed culture
- Cons:beach boys
- In a nutshell:a must .... !
As in the Mombasa coast, in Lamu there are 'beach boys' who offer their services to tourists for dhow (sailing boat)... more travel advice
hannette's Related Pages
Lamu Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LAMU, A MUST SEE IN AFRICA"
- "Lamu tamu"
- "Lamu Lifestyle"
- "3 Days in Lamu"
- "Tropical Paradise"
- "lamu-04 xmas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lamu Island
- Hotels in Lamu Island
- Transportation in Lamu Island
- Nightlife in Lamu Island
- Restaurants in Lamu Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Lamu Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lamu Island
- 3 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Lamu Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lamu Island
Photos in Lamu IslandSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timbuktu Intro, 10 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamako Intro, 10 reviews, 50 photos
- Lalibela Intro, 10 reviews, 49 photos
- Segou Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos
- Ireli Bolo Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Bahir Dar Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Addis Ababa Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Mali Intro, 1 review, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dakar Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lamu Island Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (26)
Latest Lamu Island hotel reviews
- The Sands At Chale Island
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 11, 2013