South Korea Tourist Trap Tips by Hmmmm Top 5 Page for this destination
South Korea Tourist Traps: 26 reviews and 15 photos
Suspended Coaster at Everland. Great Fun.
EVerland is ENORMOUS. This Amiusement park, Theme Park, Water Park, Resort. Is a real getaway. Situated about 11/2 hours from Seoul.
Festival World, The Amusement/Theme Park has five different worlds: the Global Fair featuring famous world buildings constructed in the historical style of each country; American Adventure Land; Magic Land; European Adventure Land with charming European gardens and a sledge field ; and finally Equatorial Adventure, featuring an Equatorial Zoo and animals.
Carribean Bay Waterpark. This is a HUGE water park that is tackily decorated with Spanish style buildings, coconut trees, tropical plants and spectacular remains of the legend of Caribbean pirate ship wrecks, but is full of COOL stuff including a wave pool and a Surfing Pool.
Stay for the weekend in the Hotel or in Cabins. Everland Lodging Reservation Center: 82-031-320-8841
Unique Suggestions: Some of my faves......
The Crazy Limo: Round and round and round in a 360-degree rotation. Sickeningly fun.
Suspended Coaster: Hair-curling experience under the rails! 80 degrees of rotation!! Imagine rushing up a 1,013 mountain ridge at 85kph, Now do it......
Amazon Express : Here you’ll encounter animals and natives as you shot down the rapids of this 580-meter jungle valley.
X-Drop: 3-2-1 and you're in a Rocket. Thi sis fast and freaky, and just when you feel like you are gonna die, they kill you. Its cool.
Surf Ride at Carribean Bay: It’s so real! A true surfing experience, as you carve the crests of waves and battle the endless flow of water!
Fun Alternatives: Try Seoul Land in Seoul Grand Park, and Hour North. just as good. But it lacks the Good Waterpark.
And this is Honestly on a Good day. PIC: Busanilbo
Do not go to this beach during the summer, especiually July. Because you will not bea ble to move. August is getting better, but then that is Typhoon Season. the picture below was taken one day after the Super Typhoon Maemi hit this year in late August.
Anyway, Haeundae Beach is probably the most famous beach in the country. The name "Haeundae" was named by scholar Choi Chi-Won (857~?) of the Silla Dynasty (BC57~AD 935). When he was walking past Dongbaekdo Island, he was fascinated by it and left carved words "Hae Un Dae" on a Stone Wall on Dongbaekdo Island. Haeundae is 1.5km long, 30~50m wide, with an area of 58,400?u. The white sand is rough and easily sticks to your skin. The sand of this beach is composed of sands that come from Chuncheon Stream and shells that have disintegrated naturally by the wind over a long time.
Unique Suggestions: If you do go. Tell you freinds to go naked... that way the crowd around you and your friends will be so big, you'll know where each other is.
Seriously, if you go to the Bathroom or go to buy a bottle of Soju and some Kim, you better have a meeting place of a position established, because it will take your FOREVER to find your friends again. Or better still all go together.
This beach is about 6-10 metres wide and just under a Km long (although that includes rocky outcrops), and during the peak holiday season (July) there are often more than one million people on this beach.
Old Style House. Min Seok Cheon. PIC: ADI
Its Winter now right? And Korean Winters are cold and snowy, so why don't you kill two birds with one stone. Visit the Korean Folk Village or Min Seok Cheon in Yong In, but sled in. BTW we got fresh snow here in Korea this weekend.
The Korean Folk Village Sledding Hills has 3 slopes, the one for adults is 140m long :o) . Since the hills are an accessory facility service of the Korean Folk Village, there is also a big family park. When you reach the market within the folk village, you can taste Korea?s traditional appetizers served with drinks such as injeolmi, bukeogui, bindaeddeok, and pajeon, as well as the alcohol, dongdongju.
Unique Suggestions: Korean Folk Village recreates the daily life of the Korean life in the latter days of the Joseon Period, and it is a very popular tourist attraction not only for Koreans but for foreigners as well. Here, they rebuilt the class system culture and living standards of those days, including 260 traditional houses, and 30,000 folk artifacts on display. Through looking at places such as a farmer?s place, folk house, government building, lecture hall, herbal medicine house, school, blacksmith, street market, 99-room Yangban mansion, we can come to know what the people of Joseon were like. When you go through all the places in the Folk Village, it?s like you?ve traveled in a time machine back in time to the Joseon Period ? the feeling of immersion is enhanced by the sheer size of the environment and the attention to the details of the recreated artifacts. During special days and holidays, various folk games and events take place here, such as seesaw, spin the top, swing jumping, and others. The Folk Village is composed of the Folk Scenery District, which deals with recreating and displaying relevant folk artifacts and folk cultural treasures, Exhibit District, which deals with exhibiting cultural treasures and folk artifacts, and ?Jangteo Gongbanggeori?, which deals with traditional foods, souvenirs, and pottery shows.
I Love it here. Its tastefully done, and the food is something else, if you are fond of traditional korean/ 'Joseon' Dynasty fare.
Fun Alternatives: It is fun. But if you hate it. take the bus in Suwon city and try some great kalbi.
More Reviews (60)
- See All Excellent Sushi and Great Atmosphere
- See All ÂòÁú¹æ - Sauna-ing the South Korean...
- See All Accomodation in Korea
- See All Golf - Cheonan Sangnok Resort Golf...
- See All Great Golf at Sangnok Resort - Cheonan
- See All Chill Central
- See All Tongdaemun Gate: Wonderful!
- See All When Strolling around any large Korean...
- See All Antiquuities Central : Insadong.
- Korea has Four Seasons: They are Quite...
- Dae Han Min Guk, Da Da Da Dum Dum!
- THE BEST WAY TO TRAVEL AROUND SEOUL.
Hmmmm's Related Pages
South Korea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "South Korea: It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World!"
- "KOREA: "Absolutely, Positively, Unintentionally !""
- "South Korea"
- "SOUTH KOREA"
- "The Land of the Morning Calm"
- "Korea, Coree, Corea, Hanguk, Daehanminguk"
- "South Korea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South Korea
- Hotels in South Korea
- Transportation in South Korea
- Nightlife in South Korea
- Restaurants in South Korea
- Shopping in South Korea
- Warnings and Dangers in South Korea
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sonoma Hotels
- Zhenjiang Hotels
- Keon Park Hotels
- Chokoloskee Island Hotels
- Guatemala Tourist Traps
- Reykjavík Region Tourist Traps
- Porto Tourist Traps
- Johor Bahru Tourist Traps
- Ciudad del Carmen Tourist Traps
- El Paso Tourist Traps
- Frankfurt am Main Tourist Traps
- Leavenworth Tourist Traps
- Ensenada Tourist Traps
- Laoag City Tourist Traps
- Wuhan Tourist Traps
- Glasgow Tourist Traps
Badges & Stats in South Korea
- 120 Reviews
- 152 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to South Korea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Korea
- Posted in Travel Rotorua Forum "RE: Hotel Ibis + Novotel locations"
- Commented on one of Outbound88's South Korea travel pages
- Wrote a Review Excellent Sushi and Great Atmosphere in South Korea Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Excellent Sushi and Great Atmosphere"
- updated a South Korea Travel Page "KOREA: "Absolutely, Positively, Unintentionally !""
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 81 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Korea Intro, 63 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sri Lanka Intro, 42 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seoul Intro, 38 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varanasi Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jeju (city) Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kawthoung Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Burma Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nepal Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Wellington Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (81)
Top South Korea hotels
- Seoul Hotels
- 3047 Reviews - 7522 Photos
- Busan Hotels
- 304 Reviews - 746 Photos
- Daegu Hotels
- 41 Reviews - 93 Photos
- Incheon Hotels
- 56 Reviews - 178 Photos
- Suwon Hotels
- 115 Reviews - 305 Photos
- Jeju (city) Hotels
- 47 Reviews - 121 Photos
- Ulsan Hotels
- 22 Reviews - 46 Photos
- Waegwan Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Soha Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Pusan Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 45 Photos
- Kanghwa-do Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 29 Photos
- Yongsan Hotels
- 1 Review - 3 Photos
- Yangyang Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 16 Photos
- Uijongbu Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Tanyang Hotels
- 43 Reviews - 278 Photos