South Korea Favorite Tips by Hmmmm Top 5 Page for this destination
South Korea Favorites: 190 reviews and 163 photos
Red Devils. Picture: Aaron Irving
Favorite thing: As we are all more than aware, 2002 heralded the Fifa Football World Cup, Co-hosted by Japan and Korea.
I remember before the world Cup started, a lot of Korean Journalists went to some football crazy countries like Brazil, Argentina and Italy and asked locals in the street, "Where is this year's World Cup being Hosted?" Virtually everybody replied "Japan!"
Much to the disappointment of the Korean public who were hoping that the World cup would Showcase south Korea.
Anyway, after the world Cup had finished the Journalists asked the same question to the same football crazy people, from the same football crazy countries. Virtually Everybody replied "Korea!" Why, well Korea did showcase themselves, with amazing spirit, support and sportsmanship.
Fondest memory: I will never forget being part of the support. The thousands of people in the streets, in the city squares, filling the stadiums in a sea of red. All yelling Slogans and singing songs like "Pilsung Korea" by Yoon Do Hyun Band.
Its was contagious, and compelling. One could do nothing but be picked up and swept away with the momentum.
The picture to the left shows a small portion of the 'Red Army' All chating "Dae Han Min Guk, Da Da Da Dum Dum!" So exciting. I am so happy to experience mass celebration at this level. Now I know what the Korean people mean by 'Oori" or 'We'.
More Reviews (62)
- See All Excellent Sushi and Great Atmosphere
- See All ÂòÁú¹æ - Sauna-ing the South Korean...
- See All Accomodation in Korea
- See All Golf - Cheonan Sangnok Resort Golf...
- See All Great Golf at Sangnok Resort - Cheonan
- See All Everland - Great Fun.
- See All Chill Central
- See All Tongdaemun Gate: Wonderful!
- See All When Strolling around any large Korean...
- See All Antiquuities Central : Insadong.
- Korea has Four Seasons: They are Quite...
- THE BEST WAY TO TRAVEL AROUND SEOUL.
Hmmmm's Related Pages
South Korea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "South Korea: It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World!"
- "KOREA: "Absolutely, Positively, Unintentionally !""
- "South Korea"
- "SOUTH KOREA"
- "The Land of the Morning Calm"
- "Korea, Coree, Corea, Hanguk, Daehanminguk"
- "South Korea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South Korea
- Hotels in South Korea
- Transportation in South Korea
- Nightlife in South Korea
- Restaurants in South Korea
- Shopping in South Korea
- Warnings and Dangers in South Korea
- See All...
Explore the World
- Santa Rosa Beach Hotels
- Le Fret Hotels
- Lunderskov Hotels
- Seddon Hotels
- Schiller Park
Badges & Stats in South Korea
- 120 Reviews
- 152 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to South Korea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Korea
- Posted in Travel Rotorua Forum "RE: Hotel Ibis + Novotel locations"
- Commented on one of Outbound88's South Korea travel pages
- Wrote a Review Excellent Sushi and Great Atmosphere in South Korea Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Excellent Sushi and Great Atmosphere"
- updated a South Korea Travel Page "KOREA: "Absolutely, Positively, Unintentionally !""
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 81 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Korea Intro, 63 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sri Lanka Intro, 42 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seoul Intro, 38 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varanasi Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jeju (city) Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kawthoung Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Burma Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nepal Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Wellington Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (81)
Top South Korea hotels
- Seoul Hotels
- 2996 Reviews - 7293 Photos
- Busan Hotels
- 304 Reviews - 739 Photos
- Incheon Hotels
- 56 Reviews - 178 Photos
- Daegu Hotels
- 41 Reviews - 93 Photos
- Suwon Hotels
- 114 Reviews - 303 Photos
- Jeju (city) Hotels
- 47 Reviews - 120 Photos
- Kyongju Hotels
- 187 Reviews - 490 Photos
- Gwangju Hotels
- 26 Reviews - 49 Photos
- Ulsan Hotels
- 22 Reviews - 46 Photos
- Pusan Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 45 Photos
- Sokch'o Hotels
- 26 Reviews - 104 Photos
- Okp'o-dong Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 26 Photos
- Kongju Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 41 Photos
- Imun-dong Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Yongsan Hotels
- 1 Review - 3 Photos