"Jeju Do: Wind, Basalt Rocks and Beautiful Women." Top 5 Page for this destination Jeju (city) by Hmmmm
Jeju (city) Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 121 photos
Jeju Do (Jeju Island) is the only Basaltic piece of rock in Korea, so you really ought to visit it. I am so kidding. Actually, Its a small Hawaiian type (Hot Spot) Volcano due south of mainland Korea, and its really worth a visit, if you can make it.
To Koreans Jeju (or Cheju as it is often spelt and how I too often spell it) is famous for four things: Oranges, Basalt, the Mongolian Ponies and beautiful women. But not to be overlooked, Cheju is also the home of the famous diving women; the Haen-nyo, great winds (I experienced a typhoon), stone demarkations or fences, beaches and Pork Pigs that are fed nothing save excrement (they are delicious by the way). Jeju also offers hiking on Halla-san (South Korea's highest peak), some great swimming beaches, and a strange Sloping upward but ACTUALLY downward Road.
Jeju is also Honeymoon Central. Its stepped in tradition, and superstition and along with the noses of the dwarflike guardian granddads it is good luck for Newly Weds. Intrigued? Curious? Come and Check it out?
- Pros:Beautiful, Unique, wonderful seafood, some good beaches
- Cons:Not much Foreign Tourist infrastructure, windy
- In a nutshell:If you are in Mainland Korea definately Check it out.
After climbing Seopjikoji or Seopji Hill, and following the nice stone fences, and the mulitude of Church Photographers,... more travel advice
The Gourds and Pumpkins grow very nicely on the roof, especially since both plants are water loving, and Jeju in the... more travel advice
Hmmmm's Related Pages
Jeju (city) Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jeju Do: Wind, Basalt Rocks and Beautiful Women."
- "Korea's vacation land"
- "Three Plenties and Three Lacks......."
- "Cheju Island"
- "Jeju - Winter Sonata"
- "Jeju-do island - "little Hawaii" in Korea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jeju (city)
- Hotels in Jeju (city)
- Transportation in Jeju (city)
- Nightlife in Jeju (city)
- Restaurants in Jeju (city)
- Shopping in Jeju (city)
- Warnings and Dangers in Jeju (city)
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jeju (city)
- 19 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Jeju (city)?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jeju (city)
- Posted in Travel Rotorua Forum "RE: Hotel Ibis + Novotel locations"
- Wrote a Review The Nuggets at Seopjikoji. about Ilchulbong Peak in Jeju (city) Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Climb up Shopji Hill following Basalt Stone Fences"
- updated a Jeju (city) Travel Page "Jeju Do: Wind, Basalt Rocks and Beautiful Women."
Photos in Jeju (city)See All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 81 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Korea Intro, 63 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sri Lanka Intro, 42 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seoul Intro, 38 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varanasi Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jeju (city) Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kawthoung Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Burma Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nepal Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Wellington Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos