"El Jadida, Morocco." El Jadida by Bennytheball
El Jadida Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 79 photos
Although I have travelled Morocco for many years, I had never visited El Jadida, this year I discovered it had an ancient Portuguese city and an undergound cistern, designed to store drinking water in case of siege.
So, I was interested to find out how the cistern compared with the famous one in Istanbul, Turkey, and as the city was en route from Essaouira to Casablanca, I made the necessary two night stopover........
I arrived by CTM bus at Gare Routiere and with compass and map in hand made my exit into the street where a running battle was in progress between two bus conductors, accusing each other of poaching passengers, but before the scenario turned ugly, a policeman quickly broke it up. After he had recovered from his ruffled composure I asked him for directions to the Portuguese city and, still gasping for breath, he pointed me in the right direction. I had already figured out a suitable hotel, The Moderne, so this was the first task to find lodgings for the two night stopover.....
After depositing my luggage in the hotel, I set about locating the cistern.
- Pros:A hustler-free town and friendly inhabitants and reasonable prices
- Cons:I didn't experience any "bad vibes"!
- In a nutshell:Well worth a visit.
Bennytheball's Related Pages
El Jadida Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The New"
- "Portuguese City of Mazagan"
- "Pleasant seaside town"
- "El Jadida, Morocco."
- "Cisterna Portuguesa"
- "El Jadida"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in El Jadida
- 1 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to El Jadida?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in El Jadida
Top 10 Pages
- Essaouira Intro, 27 reviews, 153 photos, 6 travelogues
- Glasgow Intro, 7 reviews, 110 photos, 9 travelogues
- Casablanca Intro, 4 reviews, 66 photos, 6 travelogues
- Chefchaouene Intro, 6 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tangier Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Málaga Intro, 3 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- El Jadida Intro, 1 review, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Gibraltar Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Delhi 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris 2 reviews, 7 photos