"El Jadida, Morocco." El Jadida by Bennytheball
El Jadida Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 116 photos
Although I have travelled Morocco for many years, I had never visited El Jadida, this year I discovered it had an ancient Portuguese city and an undergound cistern, designed to store drinking water in case of siege.
So, I was interested to find out how the cistern compared with the famous one in Istanbul, Turkey, and as the city was en route from Essaouira to Casablanca, I made the necessary two night stopover........
I arrived by CTM bus at Gare Routiere and with compass and map in hand made my exit into the street where a running battle was in progress between two bus conductors, accusing each other of poaching passengers, but before the scenario turned ugly, a policeman quickly broke it up. After he had recovered from his ruffled composure I asked him for directions to the Portuguese city and, still gasping for breath, he pointed me in the right direction. I had already figured out a suitable hotel, The Moderne, so this was the first task to find lodgings for the two night stopover.....
After depositing my luggage in the hotel, I set about locating the cistern.
- Pros:A hustler-free town and friendly inhabitants and reasonable prices
- Cons:I didn't experience any "bad vibes"!
- In a nutshell:Well worth a visit.
Bennytheball's Related Pages
El Jadida Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The New"
- "Portuguese City of Mazagan"
- "Pleasant seaside town"
- "Historic and new El Jadida beside the sea"
- "El Jadida, Morocco."
- "Portuguese flavor in El Jadida"
- See All...
- Things to Do in El Jadida
- Hotels in El Jadida
- Transportation in El Jadida
- Restaurants in El Jadida
- Warnings and Dangers in El Jadida
- See All...
Badges & Stats in El Jadida
- 1 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to El Jadida?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in El Jadida
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira Intro, 30 reviews, 186 photos, 7 travelogues
- Glasgow Intro, 14 reviews, 145 photos, 9 travelogues
- Tangier Intro, 12 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Casablanca Intro, 7 reviews, 84 photos, 6 travelogues
- Fes al Bali Intro, 6 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Málaga Intro, 5 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chefchaouene Intro, 6 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gibraltar Intro, 2 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- El Jadida Intro, 1 review, 24 photos, 3 travelogues