"Around The World In ∞ Days " Jeanling's Profile
I am born and bred in Alor Setar. I am warm and affectionate once I got to know you; I may seem aloof and nonchalant for those who doesn't know me well or not close to me... I have been married close to a decade and we are blessed with 2 lovely princesses.
Ethnically I am Chinese but my head and my heart is a mixed bag of all the pieces of experiences I have come across throughout my life - I grew up with Malays and for Malaysian, you would most probably know that I am from Kedah from my heavy Kedahan accent when I speak Malay... :)
Professionally I was trained in the field of food science & technology / food safety. Personality wise I am as curious as the cat (purrrr...) but I guess I have been lucky as I have not been killed so far, still got my 9 lives with me, LOL! I like learning and discovering new thing and I would try everything at least once in life.
~ What I want to do :
1. Give back the world the wonderful things and experiences that I had been privilege to come across and experienced to those who want to make their lives better.
2. Learn Thai - very useful for someone who work and live just across the Thai border :P
3. Go on a duo backpacking trip with my best buddy - Euro Trip??? - hopefully in 2014 :) Another one is going on a solo backpacking trip around the world - one day ;)
... and I am still starting / in the making!
My first trip together with my friends was in 1993 to Langkawi, my first LIMA (Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace) Exhibition - more than 10 of us stayed at our classmate's home on the island. After that it was sporadic trips here and there, either with friends / family or doing some personal sightseeing while I'm traveling for business. However, the way and frequency of my travel takes on a different notch starting from 2011 when I opened up myself to all the possibilities, and with a little encouragement from one of my BFF who happens to be a travel junkie herself... so now we have got another travel junkie in the making :)
Alor Setar is the state capital of Kedah - the rice bowl of Malaysia, albeit not much of that is left here these days compared to what it was 20 years ago. It's not exactly a place where one would visit for a holiday but Alor Setar makes a nice stop over if you are coming in to / going out from Malaysia (from / to Hatyai, Thailand via Dannok) or Langkawi.
Alor Setar is relaxing, slow paced and still retained it's town-city charm. If you are a local, you can almost be certain to bump into someone you know when you go anywhere.
I am on both Couchsurfing and BeWelcome, so for anyone here who is into hospitality exchange, you can get in touch with me as well.
My accommodation preference
I travel for both business and pleasure. I have stayed in countless places too, for one purpose or another. VT is a good place to share my experiences and my personal opinion of the places I have been to, and I also hope my accounts will be of help for other fellow travelers as well. I am not a fussy traveler, I'm OK as long as the place is clean, has good ventilation, not smelly (especially with cigarette smell - can't stand that!) has hot shower and clean towels. Any other positive feature is a plus :)
My preferred way of getting around
It depends on what purpose I'm travelling for... if it is for work, time is of essence but if I'm travelling for leisure - buses, mass transport or just walking.
Check out these links:
Bus: Kuala Kedah to Alor Setar and vice-versa
My travel pages may look and feel a bit incoherent and lack continuum at the moment. Nonetheless, I have every intention to share information on the places I have been to here at VT and I am updating it as I can. The list below serves more as a note to myself on the places I have been to...
Perlis - Kangar, Arau, Padang Besar, Wang Kelian, Kuala Perlis
Kedah - Alor Setar, Sungai Petani, Gurun, Kulim / Lunas, Langkawi, Jitra, Bukit Kayu Hitam, Pendang, Sik
Pulau Pinang - Butterworth, Bukit Mertajam, Perai, Seberang Jaya, George Town
Perak - Ipoh, Taiping, Pengkalan Hulu, Pulau Pangkor
W.P. Kuala Lumpur - KL City Center, Ampang, Cheras
Selangor - Petaling Jaya, Shah Alam, Klang, Seri Kembangan / Serdang, Puchong, Kajang / Bangi, Dengkil, Pulau Ketam
Negeri Sembilan - Seremban, Nilai, Port Dickson
Melaka - Melaka Tengah, Alor Gajah, Jasin
Johor - Johor Bahru, Muar, Rengit, Benut
Kelantan - Kota Bahru, Jeli
Terengganu - Kuala Terengganu
Pahang - Kuantan, Genting Highland, Bukit Tinggi
Sarawak - Kuching
May - Guangzhou / Shenzhen, China
Jul - Singapore
Sept - Hatyai, Thailand
Jan - Bangkok, Thailand
May - Hatyai, Thailand
Jul - Hanoi / Sa Pa / Tam Coc, Vietnam
Nov - Sydney, Australia.
Jan - Phuket & Krabi, Thailand
Aug - Hatyai / Bangkok, Thailand
Oct - Beijing, China
Jan - Shenzhen / Hong Kong / Macau, China
Apr - Taipei, Taiwan
May - Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Jul / Aug -Shanghai / Hangzhou / Xitang, China
Nov - Melbourne, Australia
Trips in planning 2014
China (Xi'an / Guilin / Kunming)
India (Delhi / Agra / Jaipur)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- Subic Hotels
- Las Vegas Hotels
- Key West Hotels
- Makati Hotels
- Cagayan de Oro City Hotels
- Niagara Falls Hotels
- Laoag City Hotels
- Washington D.C. Hotels
- Boracay Island Hotels
- Karachi Hotels
- Sheepshead Bay Hotels
- Pengkalan Balak Hotels
- Goose Rocks Beach Hotels
- Ipoh Hotels
- State of Jammu and Kashmir Hotels
- Atlantic City Hotels
- Pensacola Beach Hotels
- Apostle Islands Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 30 Reviews
- 152 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Jeanling and y2ketan2007 are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Bangkok Forum "Re: Bangkok Airport to KC Place"
- Wrote a Review Autumn at Mutianyu about Great Wall - Mutianyu in Beijing Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Autumn at Mutianyu"
updated their Profile Page "Around The World In ∞ Days "
- Commented on Jeanling's profile page
- created a Taipei Travel Page "Taipei, always more delights!"
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Shenzhen Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yogyakarta Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Magelang Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Kuantan Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Macao Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22488 Reviews - 55061 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3099 Reviews - 5883 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos